Sign in to follow this  
Vile

AEON:incantation™ Cover Art

Well, as Loz has let the RQ6 cat out of the bag, I suppose it's about time that AEON revealed its true colours. Brought to you by Ganbat Badamkhand (yes, you're right about the inspiration behind it). B-)

AEON Cover Art Preview

Edited by Vile

Great artwork! This has finally made me sit up and listen to all the chatter about AEON. That's a nice piece of artwork to kick things off, I like it!

As all female fencers can attest, young Sigi (the lady on the left) needs that breastplate. The big bandit centaur, on the other hand is not even wearing one - those are his pecs you're looking at. He's way to bad-ass to worry about Chest hits (forequarters is another matter).

I've had some help from a friend with the logo for the first volume, Ancient AEONS, that is. Still a bit of work to do, but broadly the choice is down to these two styles. My preference is the first, because it seems to deliver more impact for a book title.

Option 1:

ANCIENTAEONS1.jpg

Option 2:

ANCIENTAEONS2.jpg

I agree, and to me the first version looks more "generally ancient" while the

second version looks very much "Imperial Roman".

There will be hard copies eventually (PoD first, but you never know ...), but it will stay PDF only for a good while in order to catch any errata.

It's still "ancient" in terms of being pre-gunpowder. Hopefully other editions will cover "modern" and "future" AEONS.