Legend for $1

Mongoose_Matt

We have just posted Legend and Monsters of Legend on DrivethruRPG - and we are letting the 100% Open Content core rulebook go for just $1!

Using the core rules from RuneQuest II, Legend is a new fantasy roleplaying game that serves as the basis for a multitude of settings and worlds. 100% compatible with all previous RuneQuest II books, including Elric of Melnibone, Deus Vult and Wraith Recon, Legend repackages the rules into a new digest-sized, Open Content format.

You can grab it from Drivethru for just $1 at;

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=97239

Very nice. It has bookmarks and layers (ye can eliminate the artwork and background before printing) and despite the font being not the best suit for mobile devices, I can still read a full page per screen on my mini-tablet with a 7" screen. Alas, it is 20mb despite the few pictures (better than MRQ2 ones) and digest format, so it takes a long time to load pages on the Androind Adobe Reader: better use PDF Viewer or other programs. Overall, it is not perfect but you can definitely carry it with you on a mobile device instead of using the book.

But.... er, where is the OGL designation in the PDF? I cannot find it anywhere.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

This is very cool! THanks Matt!

I notice that the new book is now Number #1 on RpgNow / Drive Thru RPG!

Let's hope that the increased exposure will help the game system get the attention it deserves.

(The OGL designation is on p.240 of the rulebook - the page immediately before the license itself. It designates all text within the rulebook as OGC)

Cool! Except that my PDF has no page 240. Pp. 238-239 are the character sheet, and then you have the back cover. Ah, well, I suppose it will be there if I re-download. So much for being an early bird.

I had the same problem initially. Redownload it. Its fixed now.

EDIT: Oh, wait, nevermind! I guess it helps if I read the whole of your post.

w00t! $1 for a pdf. Sign me up and been looking for a good d100 system to form the basis for my future fantasy games. Have had my eye on RQII and now Legend not interested in Glorantha but wanted a stable d100 system for a generic fantasy game. This gives me a chance to check it out before I buy the printed book.

I just bought the PDF, thanks for making it $1.00! Let's me check it out and decide if I want to buy the dead tree version! By the way, I prefer dead tree versions over PDFs for reading, but I also like PDFs to help me with writing game/campaign documents!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Well, for a bloke who wasn't gonna buy LEGEND, I've now got two pdfs!

The $1 pdf Core Rules at DrivethruRPG got me in the door, but Monsters of LEGEND pdf was going half price, so for $12 I ended up getting both.

The Monsters Book will come in handy, I've got MRQ2 Monsters book hardcover, and now I'v got the digital copy of it for LEGEND, so that's sure handy.

It's like having a drink on the house, followed by happy hour - it's all good!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"