[JBE] Free Factions

dmccoy1693

So last week I posted my first attempt at a faction. The reaction was largely positive with some constructive criticism. So I'm going to try posting a new faction somewhere between every week or every other week. Lets see how this goes.

Today, we're got the Cult of the Black Crow. This woman centric cult is both devious and empowering. They have large plans and can be a source of both good and ill in your Legend game. Check it out today and tell us what you think.

That's a good one. I'd like to know more about what sort of people worship Morrigan. Is it prostitutes and courtesans, or regular joes and josephines...and why? For example if you are a prostitute, does this cult help you secure a position as a courtesan in return for you using influence over your patron at its direction?

The 5SP/month for a lay member rules out working class folk, if you look at the Legend wages table. Better to suggest a small gift within their means or a tithe 5% or 10% (10% is typical of old RQ cult rates).

What does the cult do with all that money, and why?

In short - your last effort had promise to indentify an interesting and potentially important role for an organisation to fulfil on a game setting - and this one does too. But doesn't quite go the whole hog. I'd push you to be a bit more cut and dried about what the faction or cult is for and follow it thru in the text.

Guest Vile Traveller

Well, I'm no ornithologist, but aren't all crows black? I think it would sound better for the faction to use a colour other than black, to distinguish its members from your common-or-garden Corvus. I'll reserve more in-depth criticism until after I've actually read it! :P

Okay, read a bit more, how about 'white crow', as the public image of the faction is as peace keepers? White may not be the colour of peace in everyone's game, but it's easily enough recognised as such by the audience for a generic supplement.

Guest Vile Traveller

I quite like it as it is now, but I would prefer even more 'flavour'. I do think any cult needs at least a couple of unique spells.

Well, actually ... ;)

Well, well - a palomino crow. You learn something new every day ... =|

This week's faction is called Sereana’s Swimmers. Based on the Inuit goddess Sedna, Sereana is the goddess of the sea and marine life. The guild consists of her followers that hunt for food in the sea in a way pleasing to Sereana and offers the goddess sacrifices. However the priests of Sereana have been giving unusual instructions to the guild as of late. Find out more at JonBrazer.com.

This is also the first faction where we're trying our hand at the game's crunch. We have a Heroic Ability unique to the faction as well as stats for a seal. We encourage you to look these over and give us any constructive criticism you may have.

I hope you enjoy these.