Using BRP to run Gamma World (some suggestions needed)

smkun

I did 4 gamma world conversion uploads yesterday and posted into two forums and osted on here,but its all gone so im am going to wait till i find out if there is a uploding issue. the fuiles showed up in the downloads and my comment showed up the other day. I am assuming its a glitch of some sort.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry everyone its been a while. unfortunately i cant get my files to upload i keep getting errors i tried .odf/.ods and tried to upload the pdf versions to but no luck. So i dont know if anyone else is having this trouble also or if its a issue with my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok everyone my Gamma world creature and base animal stocks are in the science fiction downloads now none of the documents have images of the creatures. i did not have time to draw my own renditions. if you want images i suggest the open office files that i uploaded as you can add pictures . Hopefully i will get basic mutation conversions done soon. if you have gamma world 1e,2e,3e i think conversions are fairly simple. Well i hope everyone enjoys.

Thanks Trifletraxor, i got them uploaded good job! I know its not easy keeping a site like this going, and i want to thank you for all the hard work and effort you do, we appreciate this site probally more than you realise. again thanks! I love this site!!!!!!!!

Oh by the way feel free to fudge or change stats or values as you see fit, i will not claim that my figures are perfect or even close. if you have questions on anything feel free to ask me. i would love to try the gamma world monsters in a rubble & ruin campaign. So far i have not detailed much on mutation except partial, and full carapace wich i touched on lightly in the gamma world animal stocks.

Bipedal ,humanoid animal stocks are based on average of basic animal stats and a humans stats averaged by characteristic dice. example a black bear has a STR of

3D6+10 (20-21) a human has a STR of 3D6 (10-11) so average the two. A mutated humanoid black bear has a STR of 3D6+5 (15-16). Anyways that is how i do it! feel free to do it your own way or fudge things as you see fit!

• 1 month later...

Gamma World mutation conversions for BRP is in the science fiction download section.

feel free to modify them as you wish. Some BRP mutations ,psychic powers, etc. have similar or the same names feel free to use the BRP

book versions if you prefer. Enjoy!

• 4 years later...

My two cents on this old thread.

I would run pure strain humans as more civilized and start out with access to more skills and better equipment. Or in other words Pure humans live in settlements that try keep learning and technology alive. Mutants come from roving bands close to what ever caused the disaster that caused civilization to fall and while they have good survival skills  live an almost stone age life. Mutants could say later learn to read and write and later learn other advance skills but it of course would take time.

Some more thoughts on this old thread; Aos has a great blog called The Metal Earth has some great Gamma World inspired setting material. Currently his blog focuses on the comic book he is making, but if you dig through the archives there are cool maps, adventures, and ideas. 

• Like 1
The Vanishing Tower RPG Blog Read about my attempts at FTF RPG in the wilderness!

5 hours ago, jagerfury said:

... is there a d100 SRD document I could legally use to build a complete Gamma World inspired d100 hack off of? 

Several, I think.  Openquest, Renaissance (itself an OQ derivative), and RD100 all have SRD-flavored offerings, and others may be out there...  OQ + Ren. at least are freely-reusable without further licensing/permission/whatever from their respective publisher.

Also -- to judge from M-Space and ClassicFantasy (and soon AtVW) -- the Mythras license seems to be set to a non-barrier level of entry.

I trust you have seen:

http://basicroleplaying.org/files/file/552-gama-world-mutations-weapons-armor-and-my-very-basic-conversion-notes/

http://basicroleplaying.org/files/file/553-more-gamaworld-stuff/

Edited by g33k
added d/l links, SRD info

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, jagerfury said:

Yes I've seen those on line docs. They will be very useful in completing what I have in mind. I want a complete, bound POD version with a mega-list of mutations and setting suggestions. So I'm going to make one... :D 

Well, that sounds really REALLY interesting ...  I have a GW-esque campaign that I'm working on, but RL has blocked me from getting it to completion & offering to my group.  I hope you'll share this project of yours ... sounds like exactly what I want ...

C'es ne pas un .sig

34 minutes ago, jagerfury said:

But I take it the rules from the BGB are not  freely-reusable, right? 

RULES cannot be (c)'ed -- only the wording.

That's why there ARE freely-reusable versions of BRP:  people did a re-write of the system entirely in their own words, and placed their wording under some form of OGL/CC/etc license.

One could, in theory, re-create the BGB -- every rule and option -- in an SRD'ed version, if you re-wrote it top-to-bottom and carefully combed through to make sure EVERYTHING was worded differently.  N.B. -- I am not a lawyer!  Consult one before you try such a stunt!  Rather easier, IMHO, to grab an existing SRD and use that for the chassis, and import/re-write just the little bits of BGB'dom not included in your core chassis.

Also note that (a) you are unlikely to run afoul of anyone's (c)-radar if it's for-personal-use-only (i.e. not shared publicly); and (b) if you can imagine (or if you actively hope for) a commercial published version, note that all the notable BRP/d100 publishers show every evidence of being reasonable about such offerings (either licensing system to author, or publishing that author under their imprint), so you can probably work something out with the publisher of whatever is your favorite flavor of BRP...

Edited by g33k
added "licensed/supplement" notion
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig