What are Likes?

Chaot

If someone likes something you've posted they now have the option to click on the Like in the right hand corner of your post. You have the dubious honour of having posts liked by me. Would you like to commit seppuku now, or suffer the humiliation for the rest of your life?

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

The 'love heart' icon has to be ditched however, it's a bit too gushy for me to hit the 'Like' option and then see the 'love heart' pop up as a result...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

The 'love heart' icon has to be ditched however, it's a bit too gushy for me to hit the 'Like' option and then see the 'love heart' pop up as a result...

We need a Hate function as well, with a dagger symbol, just to even things up.;)

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Popped up with the last update. Gotta be part of vBulletin's planned Facebook integration.

Ah.

When I first saw the notification it wouldn't link me to anything and the notification wouldn't go away. Those two bugs seem to have disappeared now and all is right with the world.

70/420

• 4 months later...

I wonder if there is anyway to get rid of the heart icon with the Likes button? I reckon a '+' sign would be just as effective, and way less 'gushy'...

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 1 year later...

It's ok. I'm sure I'll find a way to humiliate myself some other way. :D

I'm actually a bit happy that their gone for two reasons. While I appreciated the notification of a post being 'liked' I always worry about systems like that becoming popularity contests.

Second, I noticed that I hadn't received a 'like' in a very long time... was starting to feel unloved. ;)

70/420

I'm actually a bit happy that their gone for two reasons. While I appreciated the notification of a post being 'liked' I always worry about systems like that becoming popularity contests.

+1

The last thing that a site like this needs is to try to ape Facebook.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

Second, I noticed that I hadn't received a 'like' in a very long time... was starting to feel unloved. ;)

Don't worry Chaot, I like you..... In fact I'm right outside your window watching you...wondering when you will find the courage to ask me to marry you...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! =| The moral of this post being: it is better to be liked by your players than some stranger on the internet. ;)

Edited by Stoatbringer

"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

Don't worry Chaot, I like you..... In fact I'm right outside your window watching you...wondering when you will find the courage to ask me to marry you...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! =| The moral of this post being: it is better to be liked by your players than some stranger on the internet. ;)

Oh dear... Stoatbringer, it can never be. I'm married to my gaming.

70/420