MASTERS OF LUCK AND DEATH

Trifletraxor

masters-of-luck-and-death.jpgHero Bands for the Hero Wars.

The great and the mighty prepare for the end of the world. Heroes of courage and conviction band together to destroy evil, drive out the corrupt, and save their world, which stumbles towards doom. Warriors seek to heal a wounded land, healers take up arms against death, scholars trust to their instincts, and magicians seek new magic. Friends and foes become uneasy allies, enacting sacred pacts of assistance. Even giants, gods, and dragons will fall before their combined might.

The Great War Looms...

Masters of Luck and Death contains guidelines for playing in campaigns based around particular types of heroes: fighters, healers, scholars, wanderers, and magicians. It also details twenty-seven hero bands prepared for the Hero Wars, from the hardened warriors of the Brotherhood of the Golden Bow to the dashing entertainers of Captain Dashwood's Traveling Show; from the Comet Seers who call stellar flame from the heavens, to the ghost-walked corridors of Jevdur Library, which hold ancient secrets and tantalizing hints of the future. Each band is fully described, with goals, history, renowned members, guardian, membership keyword, and an illustration of a typical member. Many include magic keywords for new gods, saints, or great spirits. Will your heroes become their allies or even seek to join? Or will these groups become their enemies, primed to kill them or doomed to die at their hands? These are the questions only your heroes can answer.

Masters of Luck and Death is intended for both players and narrators.

The Hero Wars are here! Take your place in the struggle, for no one can face the world alone.

By Stephen Martin.

• Like 1

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 11 years later...
On 2/19/2012 at 7:32 AM, Trifletraxor said:

Jevdur Library

Curious as to where anyone has placed an entrance to Jevdur in their Glorantha?

MLD p.34 notes there is an entrance to Jevdur in one of the ruins in Dragon Pass... surely the high level Lhankor Mhy officials know where its is located or do possibly the PC's stumble upon it somehow without even truly knowing until they go and research it. Possibly its hidden until it wishes to be found by those it deems worthy?

Thoughts and thank you all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darius West said:

Well this sounds promising !  I believe that Masters of Luck and Death was originally going to be released as a board game.  What form is the upcoming publication going to take, may I ask?

The book was published in 2004.

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/issaries/issaries-heroquest-1-products-2003-20xx/masters-of-luck-and-death/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darius West said:

Well this sounds promising !  I believe that Masters of Luck and Death was originally going to be released as a board game.  What form is the upcoming publication going to take, may I ask?

Note that the working title of Masters of Luck and Death was changed to Lords of Fate in Wyrm's Footnotes #11 (1981)

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 8/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, Erol of Backford said:

Curious as to where anyone has placed an entrance to Jevdur in their Glorantha?

Probably better to start new threads on these questions/topics rather than necro'ing an 11-year-old topic.

On the question, I've not done so, but not sure that I'd explicitly place it. Jevdur feels like a place whose access appears somewhat randomly and unexpectedly, probably to fit the needs of a campaign.