Any word on a publication date yet?

danbuter

Just curious if anyone has heard anything yet. I'm hoping it's sometime in the next month, though, as I am looking to start a new campaign then.

I doubt it. Based on the stuff coming up in the corrections thread, I don't think it will be ready next month. Even if Jason gets all the corrections done in the next week or so, and the text is corrected, it would still have to go to the printers and come back.

I'd be surprised to see the game on store shelves before spring.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything yet. I'm hoping it's sometime in the next month, though, as I am looking to start a new campaign then.

Why don't you start your campaign now? With all of the resources here, the only real limit you have is composing and statting a scenario.

Roll D100 and let the percentiles sort them out.

I'm desperately trying to avoid the "Next Year" jibe but it's getting harder and harder as the year progresses.

We're 3 weeks into it. I'd say we'd have to progress through a little more than that to give up on the rest of year.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Greetings, all:

Indeed...I say (not that it matters what I say :lol: ) let Chaosium take all the time they want to get the book as close to ''perfect'' as possible. In fact, I'm pleased as punch that they are willing to take the time to revise and edit, unlike the money-hungry, bait-and-switch, foist-a-tome-of-drivel-on-an-unsuspecting-fan-base, ''...quality control?--Naw!'', company-which-shall-remain-nameless (no angst here...:D). Though this prolific-roleplaying-publisher has some good authors, it is simply too much in a rush to publish. I'm so happy that even with the modest fan-base for BRP, mighty though we are (que the trumpets), Chaosium seems to be taking the higher path and I appreciate it.

It may be possible that with what, less than half a dozen employees?, they've got to take that path, but I read it as concern for the product...and with the disappointments I've felt over my favorite RPG (RQ) and Setting (HA) being treated with such out right disregard, I'm more than willing to kick back and await the arrival of the Grail to the Round Table. That being said, I'm hella happy I've got my Zero Edition :happy:!

I say stoke the fires of your campaign, Danbuter! Damn the torpedoes; full steam ahead! We've got the mighty Jason to pilot you back on course when encountering the foggy areas of Zero Edition...and, of course, the rest of this modest-yet-mighty-fan-crew who will be more than willing, I'm sure, to give you, the captain of your campaign...ah...multiple opinions as to what the ''rudder'' might really mean :eek:

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08