Pan Tangian Galley Hull Quality

Al.

Was there ever an official errata produced for Sailing on the Seas of Fate? Or does anyone have a tried and tested house rule.

I ask because (prior to new MagicWorld) I was flicking through and saw that the PanTangian Galley has Hull Quality (armour basically) 120 whilst Melnib Battle Barge rolls 3d6+10. And all of the other Boats and Ships also have a random value (all of which are much lower than the baddies)

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

Possibly there was something on the Chaosium Digest... Alas I'm away from home, where I have a complete archive of that in *.txt form I downloaded some years back and every incarnation of the BRP/RQ sailing rules in book form - I'll check when I get home if some one else hasn't come up with an answer before then, but my instinct is there's a typo in there somewhere...

Nick

Possibly check White Wolf and and see what they have it in as there?

I breezed through the Chaosium Digest but didn't see a Sailing on the Seas of Fate errata. I did take a trip down memory lane though. Tons of good stuff in there.

70/420

So, I pulled out Sailing on the Seas of Fate and White Wolf. The ships match up, except in White Wolf the Pan Tang Galley has a Hull Quality of 3d6. So it looks like it should be 3d6. Odd typo that.

Thanks Chaot.

Mystery solved then. As you say a strange typo. I cannot believe that I hadn't spotted it earlier in the hmmm years that I've owned and read the book!

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire