Mongoose RuneQuest Reviews

Trifletraxor

As some of the MRQ books might be valuable resources to BRP players too, MRQ publications have their own category in the review section.

I have now uploaded all the official MRQ products to that category, for people to add their reviews! :happy:

<cough!> Go Simon! <cough!>

;)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Busy today, Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. Maybe Friday or over the weekend.

Don't forget that

MY WIFE IS GIVING UP SMOKING!!!

so I have limited opportunities for fun.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Busy today, Wedding Anniversary tomorrow. Maybe Friday or over the weekend.

MY WIFE IS GIVING UP SMOKING!!!

Good. She will live longer. And you'll only regret that for a month or so until she gets adjusted.

How is she doing it? Cold Turkey, in some sort of stages, the patch?

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Good. She will live longer. And you'll only regret that for a month or so until she gets adjusted.

How is she doing it? Cold Turkey, in some sort of stages, the patch?

Patches, although they aren't agreeing with her. She gets over it by shouting at me, so that's OK then.

The question is however, will he? :D

Not at the moment.:)

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

My hubby and I gave up smoking about 5 years ago, after being mad for it (hubby 40+ a day, me 20+) for far too long.

We used Niquitin CQ lozenges, which are stuffed full of nicotine and give you an immediate hit when you need a smoke - so you can get the physical hit you need whilst weening yourself off the psychological side. Then you "simply" reduce the amount of pills in your own sweet time.

Took us about three months.

On the plus side, you have oily skin, terrible halitosis, uncontrollable flatulence, and the odd psychotic episode. It was a blast.

:thumb:

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Thanks.

Giving up smoking is easy. My wife has done it loads of times :)

Maybe you should see about getting something for stress. Being barked at for a few weeks/months has to put some wear and tear on your nerves.

That's why I spend time here.

Oh, I thought it was because you were seeking enlightenment from Jeannette.:D

Drat! Why couldn't she have PM'd a Humakti? We're good at enlightenment, just ask Arkat. :P

I've copied my Mongoose Reviews into the Reviews Section.

It seems that I've missed a few off. I'll add the following when I get the chance:

Glorantha - Cults of Glorantha Volume 2

Glorantha - Cults of Glorantha Book 1

Lhankmar

Lhankmar - Nehwon Gazetter

I don't have the following, but intend to buy them in the next few months:

RuneQuest - Deluxe

Hopefully, someone else will post some reviews to add their own opinions on Mongoose Products. After all, I have my own opinions and wouldn't want to be seen as the only person reviewing RQ Products.

Hopefully, someone else will post some reviews to add their own opinions on Mongoose Products. After all, I have my own opinions and wouldn't want to be seen as the only person reviewing RQ Products.

I do have quite a few of the MRQ books too, but only the core rulebook with me up here north. Going to add some reviews too when I get south! :)

SGL.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I've done 76% of the total reviews so far.

Am I the only one who owns RPG products or the only one who has an opinion?

Perhaps I should go on strike or delete my reviews to encourage others to pull their fingers out.

Triff - you haven't uploaded anything for the OGL RQ Publishers. There's a lot of PDF material that could do with reviews as well as Stupor Mundi. I'd do it, but last time I tried it crashed on me.

And can we have more than 24 views on a page? The Mongoose reviews go across to 2 pages and it would be nice to have them all on a single page.

Well, I own the MRQ core book,. I suppose I could post my view on it, but wouldn't want to start a flame war. I haven't bought anything else for MRQ, and most likely never will. SO I figured I'd stay out of the MRQ review area.

But you certainly have a point. There are a lot of other people who bought MRQ. Rurik runs it, maybe we should get a Trollkin to twist his arm?

I'm afraid I'm the same - I've just got the MRQ "core rulesbook", but you don't want to know what I think of it... I didn't buy anything else after that...

I've been thinking of pulling together a BRP review, but I honestly think I'll wait for the 1st edition.

Can't really help you out for the moment, Simon! Thank you, however, for posting your reviews! :happy:

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

I have a lot of MRQ books too! I just don't have them with me here, the're all in Oslo. I'm going south this week, so my reviews should start popping up after that.

Triff - you haven't uploaded anything for the OGL RQ Publishers. There's a lot of PDF material that could do with reviews as well as Stupor Mundi. I'd do it, but last time I tried it crashed on me.

Okay, I'll get up the OGL & the rest of the MRQ stuff later tonight!

And can we have more than 24 views on a page? The Mongoose reviews go across to 2 pages and it would be nice to have them all on a single page.

More work! Okay, fix that later tonight too! :P

I've uploaded tons of tons of products. Now ALL the MRQ products published, both official Mongoose stuff and third party products, it's all there.

A total of 50 titles! :eek:

SGL.

I'm working on a review for some Sceaptune Games stuff at the moment and on a couple of PDF products. Hopefully they should be up towards the end of the week !

I'm working on a review for some Sceaptune Games stuff at the moment and on a couple of PDF products. Hopefully they should be up towards the end of the week !

That's great! :happy:

The Sceaptune stuff seems to work pretty well for BRP too. I have the petty magick booklet, and it's pretty good.

SGL.

That's great! :happy:

The Sceaptune stuff seems to work pretty well for BRP too. I have the petty magick booklet, and it's pretty good.

SGL.

I liked it as well, in fact I've been pretty impressed by Sceaptune Games stuff, I'm working on a review of the first in their Singleton Scenarios series, and also some of the Ronin Arts PDF's.

It's like film reviews. Of course everybody goes to the movies, but not everybody is able to write incisive and funny film reviews. Well, I certainly cannot write incisive and funny rolegames reviews :ohwell:

It's like film reviews. Of course everybody goes to the movies, but not everybody is able to write incisive and funny film reviews. Well, I certainly cannot write incisive and funny rolegames reviews :ohwell:

Hell, neither can I.

I just thought the idea of a review was to give a description and evaluation of something.

I mean if a game sucks but the reviewer writes the most engrossing story about his page turning experiences should be go out and buy the RPG? It's a review, not Shakespear.

"Is this A Dagger I see before me on the weapons table? Or is it a dirk? Wherefore are thou a Dagger? Does it hath a lower STR min? Is it nobler in the mind of the GM for PCs to sufferer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or spent POW points..."