2011 Adventure Contest?

LivingTriskele

Just curious if anyone knows what happened to it. I was told that my adventure was selected and that they hoped to have the book published in Feb. 2012. Now it looks like Chaosium is accepting submissions for 2012's adventure contest.

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~

It was published August 3 as "A Nation Ransomed," containing four winning adventures. Congratulations!

Go to this thread

http://basicroleplaying.com/basic-roleplaying/nation-ransomed-other-basic-roleplaying-adventures-2980/

and tell us the name of your adventure and what it was all about. :)

Edited by seneschal

Hmmm... interesting. My name is mentioned but I didn't have anything to do with this adventure (mine was a sort of a dark fantasy, infernal tropical island thing). My adventure was called Skull of the Sleepers. Maybe they have other plans for it.

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking."

~Albert Einstein~

The book contains four adventures. Presumably Skull of the Sleepers is included.

So now we know three of the scenarios -- A Nation Ransomed (modern military technothriller); Skull of the Sleepers (dark tropical fantasy); and Endless Summer (light-hearted mystery). Wonder what No. 4 is and who its author is?

The book contains four adventures. Presumably Skull of the Sleepers is included.

So now we know three of the scenarios -- A Nation Ransomed (modern military technothriller); Skull of the Sleepers (dark tropical fantasy); and Endless Summer (light-hearted mystery). Wonder what No. 4 is and who its author is?

A Merry Berlin Christmas by C.S. Barnhart, for the Berlin '61 setting or Call of Cthulhu.

• 1 year later...

We were all in the same boat. Chaosium didn't add the authors' names and the fact that it contains four adventures from the contest until recently (sometime during the last month). I noticed the changes after I let Nick Nicario know that I'd never received my author's copy (which I did eventually receive).

According to Nick, the winning adventures for the 2012 Science Fiction adventure contest are somewhere in the publication queue; the children's adventure contest apparently got sidetracked in all the Cthulhu 7 and Orient Express frenzy. I e-mailed Meghan McLean about it July 1, per Nick's instructions, but haven't yet heard back from her.

• 3 weeks later...