Electrocution!

Atgxtg

Somewhere in one of the BRP family or products, I believe there is a damage rating for being electrocuted. Something like a damage rating for a wall socket and then one for a high power line.

Anyone know what the damages were?

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Monograph? Core book? Adventure?

In CoC Dreamlands there are the Minions of Karakal. They attack with their lightning bolt legs. 2d6 damage. Damage done is matched against target's CON on the resistance table. If the damage overcomes the target's CON, then the target's heart stops and he dies.

70/420

Nasty. But I was hoping to find something that linked the damage to a power output. I think there is a damage rating for a wall outlet somewhere and for a main house line. Something like 1D6 and 3D6, but I can't recall where. I'm hoping the values match up with the burn damage table.

Somewhere in one of the BRP family or products, I believe there is a damage rating for being electrocuted. Something like a damage rating for a wall socket and then one for a high power line.

Anyone know what the damages were?

Coc sixth edition, page 64, has damage for a live wire 110 volt charge (1d8+stun) and a 220 volt charge (2d8+stun).:)

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Coc sixth edition, page 64, has damage for a live wire 110 volt charge (1d8+stun) and a 220 volt charge (2d8+stun).:)

This is a bit much. I experienced the questionable pleasure to touch a live 220 volt line

several times in my life, and while I would not be keen to repeat it, it did no damage at

all and stunned me only for a couple of seconds. The one time I touched a live 400 volt

line was considerably worse, but it also caused no damage, and after a minute or so I

was again fit enough to curse and search for the device's safety switch.

Edit.:

Thinking about it, there is probably no good way to model the danger from this kind of

"attack" well in a roleplaying game, because depending on the character's health it ei-

ther does no damage at all or it leads to a condition where he immediately needs a me-

dic (e.g. atrial fibrillation or worse).

Edited by rust

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

This is a bit much. I experienced the questionable pleasure to touch a live 220 volt line

several times in my life, and while I would not be keen to repeat it, it did no damage at

all and stunned me only for a couple of seconds. The one time I touched a live 400 volt

line was considerably worse, but it also caused no damage, and after a minute or so I

was again fit enough to curse and search for the device's safety switch.

That's because high voltage isn't what makes electricity dangerous, it's high current. Had it been a low voltage, high amperage, you'd have fared much worse. I'd also suspect that the shock pushed you away. With a high current you can't let go. Plus, I think there might be a difference between a 220 line where you are and a standard 220 line in the US. Our 220 lines are three phase lines used to power high wattage appliances and machines.

Edit.:

Thinking about it, there is probably no good way to model the danger from this kind of

"attack" well in a roleplaying game, because depending on the character's health it ei-

ther does no damage at all or it leads to a condition where he immediately needs a me-

dic (e.g. atrial fibrillation or worse).

I'd say it just needs a couple of tweaks.

First off I'd steal the old Chaoisum house rule for falling off a horse, that is, I'd give a luck roll to avoid the actual damage.

Secondly, I'd factor in the amperage into the situation, by adjusting the POW multiple for the Luck roll. High current means POWx1%, a low current means POWx10% and so on.

Just looking at a wiki page for electric shock, there are some other things to consider. Length of exposure and the path of the electric current through the body. Then there's stuff like losing consciousness, deep tissue burns, cognitive damage after multiple exposures and wicked-ass looking scars.

70/420

Just looking at a wiki page for electric shock, there are some other things to consider. Length of exposure and the path of the electric current through the body. Then there's stuff like losing consciousness, deep tissue burns, cognitive damage after multiple exposures and wicked-ass looking scars.

Being wet tops my list. Human skin is like a 6 meg-ohm resistor (6 million ohms) that protects the body from shock (current = voltage/resistance), but it drops down to about 6 ohm (if that) when wet. Hence no plug in radios in the bathtub.

Gee, that degree in eletronics finally came in useful!