Magic World Rpg

Scout

Not sure if this is the right forum, so I apologise in advance if it isn't.

Concerning the role-playing game Magic World. I was surprised to learn that there are less than 100 spells. I thought there would've been more than that. Of course I realise it's a subjective call but there you go. :)

Any release date set?

Something to keep in mind is that Magic World is going to be a core Fantasy game, not something that is designed to focus on magicians themselves (like Ars Magica).

While less than 100 spells, there is a separate publication that is due to come out later. Advanced Sorcery has more spells, and a very good free-form magic system. Being BRP though, it should be easy enough to bolt on any of the various systems available; The Magic Book with the old RQ3 Sorcery, Spirit Magic, and Theistic Magic can all work.

John Snead is working on his Enlightened Magic, which if I understand correctly is a revision/enhancement of the system shown in the Liber Ka supplement for Nephelim.

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary

Magic World collects all of the Sorcery spells published in official books for the old Elric! game into one place. I made the decision to move the other magic stuff (Demon summoning, Eastern Magic, Herbalism, etc.) into the "Advanced Sorcery" supplement.

As SDLeary says above, Magic World is a full fantasy game. Advanced Sorcery adds a ton more options for those who want to have more magic in their games.

As far as release goes, it's getting close. I've been reviewing the layout/art/etc. over the last few weeks. I'm not 100% sure when, but I'm guessing late 2012/early 2013.

If it's any consolation, after Magic World, there are three supplements already written, and two nearing completion.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Well that's great news, and just what I wanted to hear. Going to keep my eye on this one.

With a title like "Magic World", I'm wondering does the game fully support all types of fantasy characters? Rangers, Mercenaries, Knights, Rogues, those type of characters, Or does the game expect you to play predominantly spell casting characters?

Play anything you want. I've made anything from sword-n-board fighters, to sorcerers to foresters, etc. Indeed, I even made up a character that's an intelligent raven with spell-casting ability.

The title is really just a nod to the original "Magic World" fantasy supplement which was part of the old Worlds of Wonder RPG from Chaosium.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Play anything you want. I've made anything from sword-n-board fighters, to sorcerers to foresters, etc. Indeed, I even made up a character that's an intelligent raven with spell-casting ability.

The title is really just a nod to the original "Magic World" fantasy supplement which was part of the old Worlds of Wonder RPG from Chaosium.

Good news again.

Does "magic world' have a dedicated forum, or are we sharing?

I'm assuming for now it's falling under the general BRP forum. Perhaps when the game comes out, it'll get it's own dedicated space. That'll be up to Trifletraxor, of course.