Newbie Gamer Advice

ORtrail

How is Fanning a gun works??? Its -1 to Dexia rank and -20% but what happens when u shoot multiple Time??? -20 each at difficult? Please help?

Sorry missed that one...

You're talking Aces High again aren't you?

The -20% is a one off penalty. Fanning sacrifices accuracy for speed. Getting off the shot is quicker (-1 Dex rank) but the penalty to your skill (-20) does not stack up. Your skill for all shots while Fanning is at -20, doesn't matter how many shots you fire its always -20.

Mr Jealousy has returned to reality!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it has taken a month to get back to this adventure, but the end is now in sight!

The nephew is on summer break now from college, so he sat in on the adventure (Sir Baldarious). The Brother-in-law was unable to make it, and the niece spent much of the time on her resume for a car dealership job. That left Collider and Baldarious doing most of the adventure and Firefly along for the ride. Gunslinger was back to attending to "personal issues".

Instead of heading out into the mts and finding the old Santiago mine (and the rest of the Los Mulas de Drogas gang) they decided to go chat with the Border Patrol agent Mario Sumudio and convinced him to voice his suspicions about the Lowe Museum and Art Gallery in Yuma and a possible connection with the Los Elementos gang. I think they reasoned that they had broken up the distribution channel of the drug mule gang and were okay with that.

The next day they went to the Lowe Museum and took a look around. There were guards with the classic theatre masks (comedy and tragedy) which started as happy faces and changed when the inevitable fight broke out. They were well equiped/trained humans and put up a good battle alongside the super villians. They ended up with a private tour given by the owner/artist Amber Lowe (Animator her super villian name as she can animate paintings and sculptures). As Amber was showing off her extensive "Elvis on velvet" paintings, a woman came in with a briefcase containing $30,000 and half-heartedly bought an Elvis painting. A crappy painting of course and Firefly followed the woman (Tina Cooper) as she drove away to find out why she paid so much for it.

What was going on was that Animator was helping Los Elementos smuggle drugs through a tunnel under the museum, and ego stroking by kidnapping people and having them "ransomed" by forcing the spouse to buy a painting from her museum. The painting was delivered the next day, along with the kidnap victim (who were kept in the tunnel on the Mexcian side of the border.

Firefly blew out the tired on Mrs Coopers car, then hauled her up into the air for a question and answer session. She felt bad after finding out Mrs Cooper was not buying drugs, but ransoming her husband. She hurried back to the Lowe Museum and the fight was on. Animator had a "Energy Elvis" jump out to attack and animated a sculpture too. The battle was joined by Giganto (the earth element of Los Elementos) more guards, and after a minute or two a second battle when the fire and air members showed up.

They ended up going down through the tunnel and battled Rio Fangoso the water element of the team and yet more guards. They freed the kidnap victims (Mr Cooper and a couple others) and that is where we left off. They got the next big clue from Mr Cooper when he told them he overheard the Los Elementos gang talking about meeting with Red Leader at the Phoenix Science Center (they never realized he could speak Spanish).

I'll talk about the final battle they face against Red Leader and Los Animales later today or tomorrow. Gotta get back to work. :)

Edited by ORtrail

My Nook tablet has become a vital accessory to my RPG games. I forgot to bring it along for the last adventure, and really wanted it for the Lowe Museum. I had stored some pictures of Elvis paintings, a humaniod plaster sculpture vomiting up a rainbow of colors photo, and finally some photos of a typical Border Patrol pickup and "Watchtower" lookout trailer. It really is true that a picture can be worth a thousand words, and convey an idea or situation with minimal effort on the part of the GM.

While I do not see ever being comfortable with all my notes and such on a tablet or eReader, it is sure handy to show off some things and saves me a lot of color ink compared to printing out stuff (the black and white is fine -in fact some of the players enjoy coloring while we game, so I always have a couple sets of colored pencils with me).

A moment that made me chuckle was when Amber Lowe was giving the tour and was about to show them one of the "Special Exhibit" rooms, with all the Elvis stuff. She introduced it as, "Let me show you our tribute to the King." and the nephew says, "Michael Jackson?!" :) Another moment was when Giganto was throwing artifacts at them, starting with an old stone Mayan calendar ("Now outdated." I said with a grin). There were a number of references once again by several of us about the nephew being the "Aquaman" of the group.

Okay, so here is what I finally decided was going on: Red Leader, of the Los Animales gang is an android and only appears to be the leader. Built by the real criminal mastermind of the group, Code Monkey (your classic genius gorilla). He started his criminal empire by selling energy weapons to the other gangs (Los Elementos and Los Mulas de Drogas) then decided to take over the smuggling business with his own gang. He has recruited a human male who can somehow pull most any weapon out of his trenchcoat (Armoury) and a tiny female villian (Hummingbird) who should be a great match versus Firefly and Red Leader has super strength and laser eye beams. Did I mention the two chimpanzee sidekicks with blue laser beam goggles?

The ace card for Code Monkey? A Teleportation pad he finally got working, with one end at the Phoenix Science Center and the other in a Mexican villa. Then he just needed to get rid of the other gangs to have all the drug trade for himself. Why not get a team of super heroes to do the heavy lifting?

With this adventure near the end I have started on an aquatic scenario. This will be a blending of a scenario from the Evil Genius #2 PDF, an old Champions module called Scourge from the Deep, and my own ideas. I once again went looking online and found a nice variety of underwater habitat floorplans, photos, and a cool tourist submersible that is just begging to get hijacked by aquatic villians. While this adventure started as a basic powered diving suit used by villian to blackmail money from the Seattle harbour/freighter companies, I wanted to add some other elements. Another scientist, besides the one who built the suit, one who has used some iffy genetic manipulation to give his humaniod creations the freedom to live under the sea. Some of his early experiments are just monsters, but a couple of the latest ones are very intelligent and concerned about saving the oceans from human pollution, over-fishing, etc.

I am still putting together notes, maps and such, but it should be a nice change of scenery adventure. The idea of having an "Aquaman" won't seem so bad either! :)

Edited by ORtrail

Druglords of the Sonoran Desert is now completed! While the sixth overall Superworld adventure so far, it consisted of five parts. Epic, but thankfully not a fail. :) At one point I was going to get them started on a Gamma World campaign (the 1992 fourth edition) after completing this adventure, for a change-of-pace (though Gamma World is pretty gung-ho and a cousin to playing supers IMHO). I am still researching for the aquatic adventure I mentioned in an earlier post and usually end up running the adventure I am most excited/hyped about, so Gamms World may wait a bit longer. Besides, it will take most of one gaming session to get characters done and unless we get back on a regular schedule I hate to "waste" that time.

Now, this final group, Los Animales was designed to give the regular heroes all kinds of fits. Hummingbird was an even match for Firefly, Code Monkey was built to be very effective versus energy attacks, Armoury allowed me to pull out any type of weapon and attack type that would be most effective versus whomever he was facing, and Red Leader had a stronger, newer model show up after they beat the first model down.

They went in to the Phoenix Science Center and took a tour. Firefly stayed in "bug" form the whole time while Collider and Gunslinger (played the whole time by my wife when her brother ditched out on game day) were in civilian disguise. I played the science center like it was OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) with cool exhibits, IMAX theatre, fun science experiments aimed at kids, etc. The tour guide Stefani Jones talked about how they were hoping to get some super powered people to volunteer to be studied. Collider decided then and there to show off his mass power by making a large magnet float across the room. An impressed Stefani went to get her boss, Bryan Davis AKA Red Leader.

I played Red Leader like he was expecting them to show up the whole time and with lots of references to calculated probabilities.

"Given your demonstration of density control, I calculate there is an 87.4% probability you are the hero known as Collider. This was expected, as there was a 58.6% probability that association with the Los Elementos gang would lead you here. I also calculate a 77.2% chance that your companion here is Gunslinger, and a 56.1% chance that the being known as Firefly is also in or near the building."

And so forth. They seemed to like the idea of a villian using a more direct approach and were willing to talk for a bit. Red Leader eventually insisted that Collider accompany him to the underground lab so they could duplicate his powers.

"There is a 74.4% probability you will be defeated if you resist."

Having noticed Armoury ("big guy in a black trench coat has been following you around room to room") earlier, Collider decided he was the bigger threat and hit him with a "mass blast" staggering him with a 17 SIZ weight increase. The battle was on. Firefly got ambushed by Hummingbird and got hit hard for 11 pts of damage after armor (out of her 24 total hpts). The niece was NOT happy at facing a fair fight!

"I like when people have a HALF chance to hit me!" a pause then she added, "Birds eat insects... I think I'm in trouble!"

The friend playing Collider had him yelling for Firefly and Gunslinger to take out Red Leader and not to worry about anyone else, so I'm not sure why he went after Armoury? The battle went on for a bit, with yet another Collider mass blast fumble ("00") and he pinned the 10 STR Gunslinger to the floor! Despite having a half chance to hit, the wife managed to hit Red Leader over her next three actions! Firefly got in a couple good shots and Hummingbird ducked into an air vent to get away. Deciding not to follow Firefly flew back in time to finish off Red Leader (version one anyway).

A couple minutes later, over the building intercom, I had Code Monkey go on a rant about how they would soon see the "real mastermind behind Los Animales" and he thanked them for "eliminating the other drug gangs and leaving him as the only smuggling option along this section of the border". Finally Code Monkey emerged from an elevator, along with his two chimpanzee minions and the second, tougher version of Red Leader.

Code Monkey had a magnetic tool he could use to parry and deflect energy attacks, which he used to good effect. Red Leader shoot laser beams from his android eyes and the chimps were mostly annoying with their low damage (1d10) laser goggle attacks. It was near the end of battle that Collider understood that just some physical attacks would be most effective versus Code Monkey. Collider actually finished off Code Monkey with a chair.

The wife really enjoyed gaming again, talked about getting herself a new set of dice and rolling up her own character. I'd like to think she would be a regular, but her health issues make that iffy. The nephew was out of town, so no Sir Balderius, but he will probably be around through the summer so if the brother-in-law continues to be a "no show" we should still have a regular group of four players.

This post has gotten rather long, so I'll post later about some ideas/twists I am considering for the aquatic adventure.

Edited by ORtrail

So, the next adventure, with a working title of "Puget Sound", is coming together. Here is the basic plot I'm thinking of going with. A deepsea drilling accident left Biochemist/Geologist Ernest Sponberg covered in a primordial ooze, which transformed him into the villian, Professor Primordial! Contained in his diving suit in a ooze form, he has decided to rule the oceans of the world.

How? By creating a hybrid race he calls the "New Atlanteans", who are innocent divers injected with a DNA concoction based on his ooze. They transform into a water breathing form (Mermaid, Triton, half human half serpent, etc) and indoctrinated into believing they are the reborn citizens of ancient Atlantis! Each wears an old bronze crown, which they believe helped transform them and given them partial memories of living in an underwater city. The crowns are just some old artifacts stolen from some museums featuring ancient Egyptian and Minoan artifacts. This will be a bit of a red herring for the players, as they will believe they need to remove the crowns and/or find a lost merchant ship that went down in 1913 somewhere in the Puget Sound with several of those ancient crowns aboard.

Add in an element of "save the environment" by having the New Atlanteans angry over the pollution and overfishing of the seas. They will attack a TV station near the water and go on live TV to demand immediate changes. Backing them up is Captain Fathom and his crew, aboard an old sailing ship that is actually very high tech and uses a forcefield to travel like a submarine. They are backing the New Atlanteans in exchange for gold. Others of the New Atlanteans have captured a tourist sub and are holding them hostage underwater.

Also, almost as an afterthought at this point, Dreadnaut is seeking revenge versus the shipping company that fired him for theft, and he has convinced the New Atlanteans he wants to help them save the planet by stopping shipping in the Puget Sound. Dreadnaut wears a stolen high tech diving suit he stoled from the inventor he has now trapped in an underwater habitat.

Still mulling over details, like what if the crowns really did contain the personalities of long lost Atlanteans? I want to start the adventure as the heroes investigate the disappearance of a group of amatuer divers training at a diving school. The scared owners of said diving school are trying to conceal the fact they saw their students taken by...creatures (bad for business you know). :)

Oh, and the wife says she is still interested in rolling up a character.

Well, this should be interesting. Due to various issues (illness, wedding reception) we didn't get to game this weekend, but the wife rolled up her super. I recycled that ten character ideas list I made for the niece and the wife wanted to try a version of B Company (trained soldier who can create duplicates of herself). A power not really covered in the WoW Superworld, and in the boxed Superworld it is under "Doppelganger".

I didn't care for the way Doppelganger worked though, so I pondered a bit and let her roll up one main character (Trinity Prime the modern version) and she can create a "version" of herself from the past (Trinity Past, a pirate type) and the future (Trinity Future, fully armored with plasma throwing glove and energy shield). They all share the same skill levels, though they have different equipment/weapons. She wanted a telepathic link between them all, so that could be really handy at times for exploring and knowing what is going on when the group splits up.

The limiting factor is that each duplicate has half the hit points of Trinity Prime (11 hpts), and they draw from a pool of hit points (22 for Prime, 33 with one duplicate, 44 for all three). Damage to any of them is taken from the pool (up to their individual limit), and the duplicates are fairly vulnerable even with armor/energy shield. Her attacks are at 65% (sword, pistol,machine gun,plasma ball) across the board with only the plasma ball being an actual "super" power attack and that is also doing the highest damage at 3D6). Her highest stat is a DEX of 20, though most are in the 16-18 range.

The upside will be all those attack rolls though. What will it be like when one player has, in effect, a small super team of their own? I'll let you know. :) If anyone has any thoughts/experience on duplicate-type powers I am willing to listen. This is a bit of an experiment, and I think I found a nice play balance with her power, but time will tell.

Another bonus, she finally took a long look at the Heromachine website and fell in love with it. She spent a couple hours perfecting the look of her character(s). It really is a fun site to just go and play around with. All these internet toys make being a GM much easier, and cooler. I know I repeat that thought a lot, but it still amazes me how far things have come when it comes to gaming resources.

Oh, I am calling the next adventure, The New Atlanteans and with the extra time I have continued to tweak. The bronze crowns will in fact be ancient Atlantean artifacts (along with a handful of weapons, think energy spears, a bronze key that controls water, and so forth) that contain partial memories of Atlantis (like a vacation photo album if you will). Combined with the DNA extractions of Professor Primordial he can now create intelligent members of his "New Atlanteans Society". His older experiments are intelligent animal level, still useful as minions. I'll detail other changes as we actually play.

I do seem nearly incapable now of a simple "one shot" adventure. Everything must be more complex than it seems at first glance, and multiple groups of villians are almost mandatory. :)

Edited by ORtrail

With only two players showing up yesterday, I decided to hold off on the New Atlanteans adventure and had them roll up Gamma World characters.

As I mentioned before, I will be running fourth edition, with modification/houserules. The wife (being a Fallout videogame fan) was an easy sell on a PSH ("Like a vault dweller" I said). I had her roll on the artifact chart(s) and she ended up with a full radiation suit and a plasma pistol. With her Intelligence score she chose five proficiences in high tech skills like computer use/programing and jury rig. I gave them two rolls on the random stuff charts and she ended up with Nuts and Bolts and a set of Stereo Speakers. Dakota-42 is ready to explore the ruins.

The other player, Heath, decided to try a plant, a vine based mutant. He ended up with Carapace (thick bark skin), Gas Bags, Energy Metamorphosis, Thought Imitation, and Transfusion. I decided to modify the Transfusion to allow him to heal others by taking from his own hit points (not limited to your own Genotype as per the rules). As for starting equipment? He rolled and got....a flamethrower. LOL, don't ever change Gamma World! He took Healing and Move Silently for his skills. His random stuff rolls got him a Garden Water Sprinkler (you can't make these things up) and a Pinball Machine. He was still pondering a name, but leaning toward "Stalk-Ur".

Rolling the 1D6 per point of Constitution got her 52 hpts on 16 dice, while he got 52 hpts (yes, 52) on 14 dice.

Neither player has ever played Gamma World before, but I tried to convey the "vibe" of a typical game.

I don't recall if I talked about the setting I want to use? I liked the "Hadron Collider" idea of the most recent Gamma World edition, but characters/mutations/equipment will not be changing at random. Their version of Gamma World will be a combination of a Tesla-type 1950's world combined with a 22nd century earth, an post apocalypse alien invaded earth of 2052, and another earth in the late 1990's. Parts from all the worlds are present, so just about any range of items will "make sense" in this campaign. The characters will be part of a recon team (problem solvers) from a combined community that is under the leadership of an elected "Continuum Council".

As usual, most things are subject to change. :)

Edited by ORtrail

• 3 months later...

As mentioned in the other thread about [superworld] Build These Heroes Contest I have converted over the Superworld heroes to the Supers! RPG system.

Since the conversion, we have completed two small adventures using Supers!, and I am now converting over stats for The New Atlanteans adventure, which was completed with Superworld in mind. The gaming group has been pretty much impossible to get together over the summer months, so it has been just 1-2 players per adventure. I'll copy and paste my adventure notes from another forum (supporting Supers!).

The Mother's Milk adventure:

I've run two long term super hero campaigns over the years with Superworld, but after getting a PDF copy of Supers! I really wanted to try it out.

I have converted over the player's heroes to the Supers! sytem, but only had a chance to run part of a solo adventure with one player.

The reaction was rather positive. He really liked throwing around all the dice, and the verbal element to combat. He also has some ideas for a new character or two to build with this new game system.

Being uncertain that they may all want to switch systems, I took the easy path for making an adventure and converted over a free PDF I had, "Mother's Milk". It was made for the D6 version of Godsend Agenda.

I tweaked the details, but the basic plot is an alien shapeshifter called a Chimera is using tainted milk products to mentally enslave the population of a small dairy farming community.

I set the adventure in the fictional town of Ashford, Washington in the Yakima Valley. Which is in fact a big dairy area and the campaign is set out of Seattle/Portland most of the time.

I added a group of super villians to the mix, recruited by the alien ("Mother" as she calls herself). There are two basic parts to this adventure, getting into town and seeing strange behavior and stopping the tainted ice cream from being handled out, then going to the dairy farm and stopping Mother herself.

Details to follow later, as I am writing this during a lunch break.

The adventure began with a phone call from a private investigator named Brandy Lee. She was hired to find the missing husband of one Julie King. Her husband was a farm equipment salesman and had gone missing three days ago near Ashford, WA. Concerned she was getting a runaround from the local Sheriff, Julie hired a Brandy to look around.

Brandy was calling from her cell phone, contacting one of the heroes who did part time work as a bouncer/private security (that would be "Gunslinger"). He was busy so he told Brandy to contact Collider.

Brandy had seem some strange behavior, people walking around drinking from milk containers and eating ice cream while wearing blank stares. Several cows were wandering around freely, and one seemed to have watched her since she got into town.

"Oh, here comes the sheriff," said Brandy, "I'll call you back after I talk with him." There was no call back, and any calls to her went straight to voicemail.

Collider and the newly created Supers! character the player had just made, "Destruction" (a speedster with a whirlwind lower body and armed with a scythe and whip) headed to Ashford. I had planned the adventure for 3-4 players, so let the one I actually had play TWO characters. Less than ideal circumstances when learning a new system, but so it goes.

The heroes actually drove into town, in normal attire,and noticed the banners and signs proclaiming "20th Annual Milkfest!". Stopping at the farmers market, they asked around about Brandy. They saw some blank stares and noticed clowns with ice cream bikes handing out free ice cream. They refused to eat it and then headed into town to check the police station. A deputy was outside, no one was allowed inside. Most everyone was heading to the farmers market to hear the mayor speak and officially begin the Milkfest festivities.

Collider knocked out the deputy and went in to find Brandy and a half dozen other people who refused to eat/drink the milk products and got arrested. Brandy had relented a few hours earlier and was glassy eyed after a couple glasses of milk.

Taking her with them they went back and confronted one of the clowns who said they had been hired by a jester named Killjoy who was driving an ice cream van and was currently at the Holstein Park across town handing out ice cream bars.

They rushed to the park, found Killjoy handing out ice cream while juggling and performing acrobatic stunts to entertain the campers. Collider used his gravity power to crush down the top half of the ice cream truck and the battle was on.

Bullfrog, a powerfully built frog-like man, leaped out the nearby pond to attack them.

With the wild die, it was a fairly one-sided battle for the player. He rolled 4-5 sixes during the entire battle and beat down both villains. Having Regeneration is a HUGE bonus in combat and I will be adjusting the cost or the way it works -maybe both.

It was fun, if a bit stop-and-start as both of us looked over character sheets and pondered what Resistances/Atributes/Powers to use to attack/defend.

BTW, I am using full character sheets for each villain, but having one that would list 2-4 villains per page would be nice. Fewer papers to keep track of and all that.

That concluded the first part of this adventure, the second will be them visiting the Legend Dairy Farm where all these milk products are coming from. There they will face Mother and at least two more villains, Rodeo (a minotaur-like guy who also uses a lasso) and Jack O Lantern (a clone of the Green Goblin for the most part). They will need to burn the alien plants she is feeding to the cows to restore the people of Ashford to normal.

I will probably have a hundred or so Ashford "zombies" helping to guard the dairy, so the mook rules will get used too.

I am eager to see how the other players like the Supers! system, and I have nearly finished the next adventure using Supers!. It will be a recycled Dragon Magazine adventure for Top Secret from November 1983. Seriously, an almost 30 year old adventure! I have used it before for Superwold about 15 years ago. The adventure takes place at a theme park called "Wacko World". Back in the day the adventure was about a super villain group using the park as a hideout and took place in Florida.

For the updated version it will be a newly constructed Wacko World (following the standard construction plan, so the park map is the same)in Seattle. The owner ran into financing issues with construction costs and had to take a loan from a criminal organization. Now indebted, he is allowing them to conduct business there.

It will be a grand opening weekend of course, so add in another super group called The Fraternity who are at best neutral supers looking to recruit new members.

There is a cosplay event planned so there will be lots of people in costumes of all sorts (think DragonCon or a Comic Con if you've been there or seen photos).

Another event will be the attempted robbery of the cash sales from the park by a super villain duo named "Cat N Mouse". They will try to make off with the money when the armored bank truck shows up to collect it in the early afternoon. None of these super groups are working with the others and much will depend on how the players react to events.

Yes, I tend to grab/convert old adventures from other games when I need an adventure quickly.

Following this, I have a four part Superworld adventure I had COMPLETELY done and ready to go, but didn't want to "waste it" by converting it to Supers! if the players decide they don't like the game system. After these first two adventures it should be pretty clear what the group will want to do going forward.

Mother's Milk part two:

Well, after a text from the Collider/Destruction player wanting to finish up the "Mother's Milk" adventure we managed to get together this evening and do just that.

After the battle in the park with Killjoy and Bullfrog the heroes headed back into town to see what happened with the offical kickoff of the Milkfest festival. Mayor Bradwell gave a rousing speech to the crowd with a lot of bullet points I got from a quick Google search.

-Washington State was 10th in milk production last year.

-Washington State was 4th in milk production per cow with an average per cow of 2,760 gallons.

-The Yakima Valley has 91 dairy farms with over 110,000 cows.

-The first cows came to Washington State in 1838. All seven of the major dairy cow breeds can be found in Washington.

Mayor Bradwell also announced that a new city ordinance made it illegal to refuse to eat/drink a dairy product over the next 48 hours and eager volunteers began handing out samples.

Both heroes refused to even take a bite/drink and Sheriff Hook promptly put them in handcuffs and begin driving them to the station. Once into the nearly empty town, they easily escaped, knocking out the Sheriff and putting him in the trunk. It was time to check out the "Legend Dairy Farm" and see what was going on.

Collider decided to put on the Sheriffs uniform and use his car to get onto the dairy farm. They quickly noted the crowds of zombie like people wandering around in groups of 10-12 and then noticed a minotaur-like humaniod directing the loading of even more trucks with milk products. The villain was named "Rodeo", which they learned later.

In a mild surprise, the player took a subtle approach and used Composure to bluff past Rodeo. Yes, they pretended to be "milk zombies" and pulled it off. Rodeo pointed out that "Mother" was out in a nearby field full of strange looking pod plants, grazing cows, and a couple giant dirt mounds that looked like gopher holes (if gophers were the size of small cars).

They walked out, felt Mother reach out to them and probe their minds. She was annoyed that supers had shown up to disrupt her plans and erupted out of the ground! The fight was on!

As well as the player did in rolling the last time? He sucked it up pretty bad for most of this game session. Easily 5-6 "ones" on the Wild Die. Mother had Mind Blast, Claws, Electrical bolts from her snout, and Super Strength along with 5D in Fortitude. I had planned her to battle mostly alone, so she was tough for our 20D heroes.

At one point she clawed Destruction with a 35 pt hit (Wild Die twice! so 7D total)and he took 3D in damage. He regenerated some of it of course, but under the new Regeneration rules that treat it more like Healing.

Collider was down to the next Mental Blast taking him out when they finally got in some good shots and took Mother down. I had her using her Super Strength quite often to throw large amounts of dirt/rocks at them and the battle was a dusty mess with Destruction and his whirlwind Speed.

As the smoke cleared Rodeo and his other villain buddy, Jack O' Lantern took off when they saw Mother had been beaten. Yeah, I went easy on the player and assumed the villains were busy enough to not join the battle and if they did notice, they just assumed that in that dusty cloud Mother was kicking butt and taking names.

Plus I get to use these mercenary villains again without the "they broke out of super prison" excuse.

The heroes torched the field, and most of the buildings too, to destroy the tainted milk. They didn't slaughte the cows, assuming they would return to normal once they had stopped eating the alien plants/pods. They also found PI Brandy Lee among the recovering zombie crowd.

Despite his poor dice rolling, it was fun for both the player and myself. Even more eager to get the other players together for the "Wacko World" adventure. Best guess is two weeks from now.

The second adventure was Wacko World: Seattle

Yes, we got in some gaming over this long weekend. Was hoping to get at least three players, ended up with two (my wife and the friend who has been playing Collider/Destruction).

I introduced their characters to the Wacko World adventure by having Trinity Prime (wife's character who can duplicate herself and fights with a sword, SMG, and Martial Arts) win a free ticket from an online review website called "Mystery Guest", like the online "Secret Shopper" ones the person goes to the event and then blogs about it later.

Collider, having been around Seattle for a half dozen adventures and a year or so of character time was invited to the grand opening as a VIP guest. He was supposed to be signing autographs along with Jumping Jack and Raccoon-Man the Seattle Sentinels Alternate Team (read: never good enough to be "real" heroes). The disdain from the player characters for those two was,uh, poorly hidden.

As part of the VIP 500, they got in early (9AM)to Wacko World and the regular visitors started into the park at noon. I layed out the map and legend for it and let them explore as they wanted. They first took a ride on the elevated cable cars, where Trinity Prime soon noticed a figure in a black and white costume racing around the "Road Rage Racetrack" (miniature formula 1 race cars) at super speed. Then a woman in a similar costume flew by the cable cars, waving at the passengers. Who were these super powered beings? The heroes hurried over to the race track and found a group called "The Fraternity" handing out flyers (I stoled this group from an old British supers RPG called Golden Heroes).

The group was looking for new members and Fleetfoot the speedster encouraged anyone in the crowd to apply online at The Fraternity website. The group was soon asked to leave by Wacko World management, while Collider and Trinity Prime stayed hidden among the crowd just watching. I just wanted this to be an "encounter" incident, and will have them meet The Fraternity during some other adventure where there is some direct conflict. I tried to play the group as elitist, willing to take only the best even among super powered people and clearly interested in looking out for themselves above all else. Both players thought the Fraternity would be back to cause trouble.

In the meantime, they went around the park checking out the attractions, and even showed up to chat at the "hero" autograph singing by Jumping Jack and Raccoon-Man. There is a cosplay costume contest later in the day too, so Wacko World looks a lot like being at a DragonCon or Comic Con.

Trinity Prime had quickly filled out the form on the Fraternity webpage on her smartphone and asked the two "alternate heroes" if they knew anything about the group or how long it might take to get an interview with them. It was a funny moment, as I had Raccoon-Man say:

"Don't expect a quick response, I filled out that online form and I never heard -uh, I mean a FRIEND OF MINE filled it out and never heard back from them."

After that the player characters went over to the food court located at King Arthur's Castle (yeah, they laughed at that too) and were eating lunch up on a tower when they saw an armored bank van pulling up to the Wacko World employee entrance. They knew, just KNEW there would be trouble and headed over there.

Yes, they are veteran super hero gamers. They arrived in time to find "Cat N" and her partner "Maus" robbing the money sacks from the security guards. The fight was on!

It took about 2 minutes to explain to the wife how Supers! combat goes. Very easy system and she loved the idea of being able to "verbally justify" using skills and powers or Resistances. She also rolled very well with the "wild die" which made the experience that much better.

Cat N ripped off a door from the overturned armored car and threw it at Trinity Prime, who let her Armor absorb the hit. Trinity responded with a long burst from her submachine gun (and Armor Piercing too). She had Shooting 3D6 but got TWO sixes and ended up at 26 pts total. Cat N was staggered, hurting badly. Maus leaped at Collider and managed to wrap his tail around the hero and slam him down to the ground (Stretching 3D, tail only).

Trinity created her two Duplicates (Past and Future) and finished off Cat N with only a minor wound from her claws. I really need to tweak the modifed Duplicate power I am using. Having three characters,even if two are fairly weak, is an even bigger advantage than in most games. I might cap her at ONE duplicate at a time? We'll see.

Seeing how badly things had gone, Maus pulled open a manhole cover and went down into the sewer, Collider in hot pursuit.

I had mentioned how one of the security guards had yelled for them to keep the villains busy while he got the money to safety. Trinity noticed the guard running into the crowd and changing form. Yes, it was Copy-Cat, who started out disguised as a guard and then trying to get away using her Shapechange power (human form only). With three sets of eyes on her and a telepathic link between them (Trinty Prime, Past, and Future) Copy-Cat took another big hit (24 pt plasma ball blast from Future) after more great dice rolling and was quickly finished off.

Collider was rolling average to poor, but still bested Maus with his Gravity powers. Well, fine, the next set of villains are more powerful and this battle made for a good introduction to Supers! for the wife. Why not feel like you are kicking butt and taking names, especially in a supers game?

As noted, there is ONE more big battle to this adventure once the heroes find out the two villain groups C.L.A.W. and P.E.S.T. are working on a business deal in Wacko World. Two villains from each group are there, but depending on how many players I have, the villains may not help each other out, but flee away from the meeting. That will let the heroes choose whom to pursue and not get smacked by superior numbers.

We finished the Wacko World adventure yesterday evening. Almost by accident, we ending up using Skype. Gaming at the house of the Collider player, and his wife was chatting with mine on Skype. She didn't feel up to leaving our home, so it was just going to be a single player session. Well, why not let her game through Skype with us? I had her dice with me (kept in a backpack most of the time) and she was fine with Heath rolling dice for her character(s) (which I also had with me). It went surprising well, and I need to get the players copies of their character sheets (I keep them between game sessions in a player character binder in that same backpack) so they can game from home if they can't be there in person (which is still the best way to game). If there are no trust issues with the players in regards to rolling dice (and I have none with those I currently game with) then Skype is really all you need.

When I write up the conclusion of the Wacko World Seattle adventure I will add it to this thread.