Sign in to follow this  
Rick Meints

Guide to Glorantha update

OMG this book looks excellent! I would pay almost anything for a large hardcover comprehensive Glorantha sourcebook like this, especially with good quality maps and internal artwork. You can certainly count me in for this kick start project!

It appears the Kickstarter campaign is now live.

The Guide to Glorantha by Rick Meints — Kickstarter

And very pricey to boot! =O

Charging for PDFs on top of the price of the book is so dated.

Small companies include the PDF when you buy the book.

I can see the use of Kickstater to get funding but there is no incentive here at all. I might as well buy the book for $80.00 when it finally gets to a FLAGs.

And very pricey to boot! =O

I can see the use of Kickstater to get funding but there is no incentive here at all. I might as well buy the book for $80.00 when it finally gets to a FLAGs.

We are rapidly closing in on the stretch goal of 160K (143K as of this morning). If that goal gets reached everyone paying for the printed Guide will be getting a second printed book for free (they currently get a PDF of the stretch goal material for free). The Main Guide becomes an integrated two-volume set.

The Guide (and a few other items) will be sold after the KS is over, at least through the Moon Design website. The expected retail price for the Guide after this KS is over will be somewhere between $100 and $125, not $80. Thus, getting the Guide for $80 in your FLGS is highly unlikely, unless they really undercut retail and they decide to stock the books. The price in the Kickstarter is a "get in early" price, which is lower than the eventual retail price.

I'll let all of you decide whether that is an incentive to participate in our Kickstarter.

The expected retail price for the Guide after this KS is over will be somewhere between $100 and $125, not $80.

=O

If I saw a two volume set of Hardcover 10x12 coffee table books with dust jackets, with hundreds and hundreds of full color pages, I wouldn't be surprised by a $100+ price rage.

I'm not surprised, given the size it's grown to (and still growing?). I would have preferred if it was split into smaller gazetteers so that I could pick and choose the parts that interested me (I'm really only looking at the "new" areas, I overdosed on Sartar/Prax long ago).

I may be alone in that.

You may be somewhat alone considering the funding reached so far. :-) I'm new to Glorantha, so I'm looking forward to exploring this place for the first time through the lens of this amazing set!

You may be somewhat alone considering the funding reached so far. :-) I'm new to Glorantha, so I'm looking forward to exploring this place for the first time through the lens of this amazing set!

Same here