Best published adventures?

shaddonon

I just purchased the 2006 Mongoose core rulebook and I'm very happy with it--short, bare-bones, easy to reference during play. I always liked the BRP system over d20, but the BRP core rulebook and the Classic Fantasy variant never quite hit home for me. Purely a matter of opinion, but Runequest has nailed it.

If anyone could recommend a few good published adventures that serve as an introduction to the rules (for both players and the GM), I'd appreciate it! My players want something to do with demons, vampires, and spider-worshipers, so I will probably pick up the monster book soon and swap out creatures from whichever published adventure gets the most recommendations. Thanks in advance!

The free adventure mentioned in my blog (天æœå¤§åœ‹: Free Adventure) is intended for Legend but then I believe the differences with RQ6 are minimal.

shaddonon wrote s/he bought the 2006 rulebook, which should be Mongoose RuneQuest I. If I'm not wrong, MRQI is quite different from MRQII/Legend/RQ6. I don't know what the differences are, though.

If I'm not wrong, MRQI is quite different from MRQII/Legend/RQ6. I don't know what the differences are, though.

MRQII, which is identical with Legend, is a modified version of MRQI, but the differences

are minor, and it takes little effort to use characters or adventures from one game in the

other. RQ6 is an improved version of MRQII, but the differences are still fairly minor, and

characters or adventures can easily be adapted to one of the earlier versions of the ga-

me. Overall, the authors of MRQI first improved the system into MRQII, which became re-

named into Legend, and then again improved and expanded the system into RQ6, which

is now the most complete and best playtested version of what is basically the same sy-

stem.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)