Questions concerning Magic World

MrHemlocks

I took the plunge and grabbed the core book and Advanced Sorcery. Magic World has some interesting stuff in it, I like the new take on Allegiance, and will likely end up porting that into my other BRP/Legend/Runequest games. I was puzzled over the lack of zombie stats in either the base book or Advanced Sorcery.

Read the Revenant in the Magic World / Advanced Sorcery...

Ben is a bit of a purist regarding terminology re the walking dead, hence "zombie" got excised and the more traditional term "Revenant" is used.

Cheers,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

My intention was to never detail the areas outside the Reaches at all; to leave them vague and open to Chronicler caveat. Indeed, there've been a number of times when the writers working on the setting asked about creating some NPC, or other thing from 'outside', and making up details of its origins, and I had to rein that back in. I want the areas outside the Reaches to be whatever individual play groups want them to be.

I'm going to use Mythic Iceland RPG as the Culture for the "Northern Reaches" of my campaign. Of course it will be bigger than an Iceland so I will just have to make up a map.

• 2 months later...

Lynn was a friend, and mentor to me for many years. I've been in the publishing field (in a variety of roles) for twenty years now, and just about everything I've learned can trace back to something Lynn had taught me at some point. He'd been sick for a while, and when I started on MW his prognosis was "it's only a matter of time". To be completely honest, I took the project on in tribute to him, and as a way of saying "thanks". I'd long thought Elric!/Stormbringer was a great game, and it was important to me that it get a second chance.

Hence the cover painting, "Standing on the shoulders of giants".

That brought a bit of a tear to my eye. Interesting to see some of the back story to it all. Thank you for your hard work and dedication Zomben, as I love the Elric! and Bronze Grimoire stuff and seeing it get a new life is simply awesome. Your work on Magic World is sure to bring many converts (it already has!) and bring countless people hours of enjoyment.