Please show some respect Mr monroe

Ghost Sword

I thought about just deleting the thread outright, but didn't...

Good call - it's been interesting: 1) To see what less civilized forums might be like; and 2) To hear that MW is Elric! salvaged as tribute to Lynn Willis.

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

I ended the session with only two hit points left. Technically I went into a coma coming back from our group hunting down a storeroom for its dung (don't ask), but then was healed up to two hp when I was dragged back to town where the healer was able to concoct an antidote to the poison I'd ingested earlier in the game, which was slowly killing me.

Sadly, one of the other PCs died while we were getting the poop from the monster.

On the plus side, we were able to get enough meat off the stoorworm to build two suits of stoorworm-skin armor.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Survived a fire elemental -- I don't think you are doing it right ;)

You know, I don't think I'm doing it right either. He also survived being poisoned and the stoorwyrm ...

On the other hand, he also kinda got one of the regular's PCs off-d ... on his first session in Magic World (the player hadn't been able to make the prior).

In the end, it turns out Mr. Monroe does know and practice respect - he was a very nice player and house guest. Perfect gentleman.

It turns out he doesn't know the meaning of the word die. ;)

What you two need is the Create Gate spell, which can be found in the Book of Eibon at

the Miskatonic University's library.

Oh please!

Anyone who is serious enough about creating gates will only use the far superior Liber Ivonis, not the "kewl" new, modern-language-speaker-friendly, English edition! X(

(What? This thread was clearly lacking a Book of Eibon edition war! ;) )

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!

• 1 year later...

How dare all of you! This thread started as a completely annoying attack on a well-respected contributor to Chaosium. And what have you all turned it into? A decent, light-hearted exchange over drink preferences! This flows directly against the spirit of forums world-wide. Next time, be sure to be abrasive, overbearing, and uninformed in your opinions, please. Thank you. Sheesh!

(I know, I posted this over a year after the thread was finished. I couldn't help it.)

Edited by dcfitch
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt Ghost Sword's got the cajones to come back. It's clearly some kind of pitiful "fire and forget" insult he tried to make at my expense. At least when I 'disrespected' Moorcock, I had the balls to stick around and take my just punishment... :P

I thought about just deleting the thread outright, but didn't want to be disrespectful to Mr. Sword. :D

Talking about cojones is it my imagination or did you once call RPGPundit a "borderline sociopath" on RPG.net? It takes grande cojones to say such a thing about a crazy cult leader, with lots of lackeys, on a site that is well known for its sensitive moderators. I remember rolling  on the floor laughing when I read it.

"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

Talking about cojones is it my imagination or did you once call RPGPundit a "borderline sociopath" on RPG.net? It takes grande cojones to say such a thing about a crazy cult leader, with lots of lackeys, on a site that is well known for its sensitive moderators. I remember rolling  on the floor laughing when I read it.

The worst that could happen is you get banned, which I don't think you need to be worried about since the mods are only sensitive to such a statement when it conflicts with their own opinion.

RPGbericht (Dutch)

The worst that could happen is you get banned, which I don't think you need to be worried about since the mods are only sensitive to such a statement when it conflicts with their own opinion.

Actually the worst that could happen is that you get banned from RPG.net and then RPGPundit's lackeys troll the heck out of you on any forum you appear, making it well nigh impossible for you to post in your real name. You might even upset the paranoid pundit and he might call you names in his forum, but that is inadvertantly funny, and harmless.  

"Foolish is the king who does not have a personal wizard, and lamentable is the ruler who trusts the wrong mage"

• 3 weeks later...

Bah. Most importantly, I have Mr. Zomben returning to my lair for another game of MagicWorld this Sunday, and I shall once again teach him the meaning of the word respect.

I will quite possibly make him eat tasty, vaguely healthy snacks and expensive imported ale ... while I do horrible, horrible, science-fantasy weird-y things to his beloved ruleset.

By the gods, I will teach that arrogant man to respect his betters. Or bitters. Or something.

Something.

• Like 2

Wait, weren't we playing on the 8th?

... and I will teach you to read your calendar, Mr. Monroe. Yes, we are playing on the 8th. I am teaching you the meaning of "confusion" as well.

To compound matters, I have purchased used copies of Magic World and Advanced Sorcery and have treated them most shabbily indeed, by having them bound into a single, stay-flat spiral book. Ha! I may further mar it by highlighting or underlining words and/or phrases, and possibly tabbing pages as well.

Then, on the 8th, I shall not only use such physically altered copy in front of you, but I shall also metaphysically alter the MW rules ... as I see fit.

• Like 1

I have purchased used copies of Magic World and Advanced Sorcery and [had] them bound into a single, stay-flat spiral book. Ha! 

Brilliant! I've already done my own highlighting, underlining and annotating disfigurement, but this is a great idea!

• Like 1

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08