Talking raven mystic

“This lovely bauble? Why, I doubt they'll miss it in the slightest...”
STR 2 CON 5 SIZ 2 INT 12 POW 17 DEX 29 APP 12

Attacks: Claw 40 (1D2), Bite 25 (1D3)

Armor: None
Equipment: Bronze ring around leg is a MP battery of 15 MP

Move 2/24 flying Hit Points 7    OOOOO   OO
Skills:
PHYSICAL Brawl 20, Climb 40, Dodge 80, Jump 05, Ride 00, Swim 00, Throw 25, Wrestle 00
COMMUNICATION Art 05, Bargain 55, Disguise 15, Fast Talk 55, Oratory 45.
KNOWLEDGE Evaluate 75, Nature 65, Navigate 70, Other Language 40, Own Language (INTx5), Physik 30, Potions 40, World Lore 55
MANIPULATION Conceal Object 25, Craft 5, Hide 50, Move Quietly 80, Pick Lock 05, Repair/Devise (DEXx4), Sailing 00, Scribe 40, Trap 05
PERCEPTION Insight 15, Listen 65, Search 160, Sense 100, Track 140

Magic:
Cloak of Night (1-4): +20% to Hide per level.
Clumsiness (1-3): Target loses 3 DEX per level.
Guile (1-4): +20% to Fast Talk per level.
Hag's Flesh (1-3): -3 APP per level, reducing Charisma roll.
Heal ( 2): Add 1D4 HP to target, up to max.
Terror (1): Cause fear and doubt in target.
Witch Sight (3): Learn approx. POW of a target.
Wrack (1): Target suffers boiled flesh and 1D3 damage.
  • Like 1

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Now Ka just needs a human sidekick so he can perch menacingly on his or her shoulder.  He casts the spells, sidekick takes the blame (and the heat), and Ka lives to wriggle his tail feathers another day.  Humans are so useful that way, at least as long as they don't learn any real magic for themselves.

"Another seed cake, Archy.  And hand over those cufflinks, punk!"

;D

My ultimate goal is to completely flip the cliche of the hoary wizard, and get a human familiar to do my bidding.

• Like 1

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

My ultimate goal is to completely flip the cliche of the hoary wizard, and get a human familiar to do my bidding.

Could work.  My initial idea was a not-too-bright wannabe thief.  Ka plans the heists, pulls the actual jobs, sidekick gets to deal with the city guard if they show up.

• Like 1

I'm now thinking of some sort of hierarchy* between a Conspiracy of Ravens, and Murder of Crows. Like the ravens are the shifty, devious planners, while the crows are the assassins and 'muscle' of the group...

Hmmm...

(* - almost said 'pecking order'...)

• Like 1

I'm now thinking of some sort of hierarchy* between a Conspiracy of Ravens, and Murder of Crows. Like the ravens are the shifty, devious planners, while the crows are the assassins and 'muscle' of the group...

Hmmm...

(* - almost said 'pecking order'...)

I think you just sketched out a dominant Thieves Guild / Assassin's Guild for a city for me. :)