Spirit combat described

Hasseo66

First of all Id like to mention that I think MW is a great rpg! The best incarnation of brp in my book...:)

I cant seem to find the rules for spirit combat in the book. Its mentioned many times in the bestiary, but cant find how it works...

Hasse

Spirit Combat could have been better labeled, but it's there under the description of various spirits. The most general description is under Disease Spirit:

A disease spirit attacks by matching its Magic Points against one of the victim’s characteristics. If it overcomes the characteristic, the victim loses 1D3 Magic Points. This continues until either the spirit or victim’s Magic Points are reduced to 0. Once a spirit has reduced a victim’s Magic Points to zero, it possesses him with varying results.

(Unstated in the above discussion; every time the spirit loses, it loses 1D3 MP.)

Disease Spirits attack a characteristic related to the disease it inflicts. Passion Spirits attack INT. Wraiths attack STR, INT, or CON. If not specified, I'd assume a spirit attacks POW (or MP, for a quicker death spiral). The effects of possession vary from spirit to spirit, and are generally given in the description.

EDIT: In case it's really not clear, matching MP against a characteristic refers to the Resistance Table.

Edited by fmitchell

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

Fmitchell has the gist of it. I swear I had a better, and more overarching description of it, but it doesn't seem to have been included in the final version.

I'll post that in the reattaching ASAP.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.