Renaissance Settings

doomedpc

I think the somewhat romanticized adventurous flavour of the period would lend itself well for an RPG adaptation. Perhaps taking the more cinematic approach of Pirates & Dragons would be fitting. It's goods to know we share some weak spots and I'll try to appeal to them more often so expect some not quite subliminal messages. ;)

Awesome! The more I think on it, the more I'd like to play it. I'd have probably gone for straight historical, but adding some magic and horror would be very interesting. I've read around the political history, now I might start searching out some folk tales...

• Like 1

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

Point well made - a palpable hit :D

And it did make for a great game that I believe got quite a bit of critical acclaim as well.

If you ever do a Mexican Revolution game I'd even be willing to help out financially, obviously only as much as I can afford. For general Kickstarter appeal you could throw in some optional Cthulhu Mythos among the more folkloric supernatural stuff, so the book could also serve as a historical sourcebook for Cthulhu fans.

mexican-rebels-5.gif

• Like 2
RPGbericht (Dutch)

You know what the connection is between Mr Cakebread's favourites periods of History. It's the big hats - Mexican Revolution and English Civil War are both big hat wars.

Have you been looking at my notes? It was always going to be a toss up between Mexican revolutionaries, the Nihang Singh or the Coldstream Guards ;)

Edited by doomedpc

Peter Cakebread

Obviously the series of uprisings and conflicts commonly referred to as The Mexican Revolution, 1910-20, sometimes referred to as the Mexican Civil War. Which other conflicts have you seen referred to as a revolution in Mexico?

Well, I've seen the Maximilian war referred to as a revolution with the Juaristas called revolutionaries. Also there were various uprisings either side of the 1910-20 one. Obviously that's the big one though.

Don't forget the eleven-year conflict (from 1810 to 1821) that threw out the Spaniards and won Mexican independence.

• 7 months later...

Awesome! The more I think on it, the more I'd like to play it. I'd have probably gone for straight historical, but adding some magic and horror would be very interesting. I've read around the political history, now I might start searching out some folk tales...

So, how's this coming along, then? ;)

RPGbericht (Dutch)

So, how's this coming along, then? ;)

Ha ha - well, up to now, it hasn't, beyond me making a big pile of all my books on the era/region.

I've been busy writing all the KS stuff for P&D and bringing out my new OneDice system and settings. I'm at the stage where I have actually cleared the decks - next week I'll finish OneDice Fantasy (the 6th book of the series), then I'm probably going to take a stroll back to D100/Renaissance... I'm not promising anything (I have a few other options on the table to consider), but I'll probably start slinging together some story-boarding/structure plans.

• Like 2

Peter Cakebread

On 1-10-2014 at 8:11 PM, doomedpc said:

Ha ha - well, up to now, it hasn't, beyond me making a big pile of all my books on the era/region.

I've been busy writing all the KS stuff for P&D and bringing out my new OneDice system and settings. I'm at the stage where I have actually cleared the decks - next week I'll finish OneDice Fantasy (the 6th book of the series), then I'm probably going to take a stroll back to D100/Renaissance... I'm not promising anything (I have a few other options on the table to consider), but I'll probably start slinging together some story-boarding/structure plans.

I understand, I was just pulling your leg. Not that it wouldn't be extremely awesomely cool, of course. ;)

But of course you should work on what needs to be done or what you feel most like working on. I'm really looking forward to what else you have in store for P&D!

In the mean time, I'll just leave this here...

train-1.gif

Edited by Vorax Transtellaris
  • Like 2
RPGbericht (Dutch)