Weapons and Combat rules from the BRP book

There is a difference between how combat and weapons is handled between those books - even if one uses the Delta Green rules.

Some of the things are that there are more special effects, like how Impaling works and so forth.

Do you just use the way it is in the CoC books, or import the rules from BRP?

Tea and Madness

Last time I ran Call of Cthulhu, I started with the CoC version of the rules only, but I gradually added rules from BRP over the course of the campaign, to fill in some gaps.

I feel Call of Cthulhu really puts the focus away from combat by making the rules as "minimalist" as possible. Since the BRP book caters to various genres, it has more complete combat rules to cover as many situations as possible. It's up to you to figure out what you want to use, depending on the feel you want for your game. My players are more "action-oriented", so I added bits from the BRP book to cater to their tastes. Some other group may be more "investigation-oriented", in which case the rules from the CoC book are more than sufficient.

Proud pen-and-paper roleplayer since 1991!

Blood and Souls for Lord Arioch!