Pirates & Dragons: The Roleplaying Game

doomedpc

Pirates & Dragons: The Roleplaying Game

"Pirates like gold. Dragons like gold. When the terrors of the sea meet the terrors of the sky, there’s bound to be trouble!"

They came from Albion, from Gaule and Esbania and Batavia, in search of the treasures of the New World. They found a menace older than mankind – dragons!

In their mountain lairs on the Dragon Isles, giant beasts – old and wise and malevolent – sit on their piles of gold, surrounded by their zombie minions. The natives have found ways of appeasing or evading them – the Dragon Tribes honour them with gold and human sacrifice, the other Islanders use their magic to hide away or resist. The Uropans must rely on gunpowder and cold steel.

And the pirates? The pirates will use whatever comes to hand in their battle with the dragons. Armed with science, sorcery, steel and superstition, they take the fight into the dragons’ lairs in their endless quest for gold.

Pirates & Dragons is a role-playing game of fantasy swashbuckling in a world of magic and treasure, of fantastical islands inhabited by strange beasts and vile necromancers, of treachery and heroism. Together with a group of friends, you take on the role of pirates, out for adventure and booty – raiding the treasure galleons of Esbania, the merchant fleets of Gaule and Batavia, the dragon-hunting ships of Albion, the ruins of lost Adalantas… and the gold-filled caves of ancient and evil dragons.

Gather your crew. Load your flintlocks. And prepare to plunder!

Pirates & Dragons features slick, cinematic game mechanics based on the acclaimed Renaissance D100 system, and comes to you from the Origins Award nominated authors of Abney Park’s Airship Pirates and Clockwork & Chivalry.

A whole new game line coming soon from Cakebread & Walton! Watch out for news of the Kickstarter launch!

Pirates & Dragons Kickstarter Imminent! – Clockwork and Chivalry

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

Much as I want to see Captain Hook paste Smaug with a good (and well-deserved) broadside, I cringe at the thought of dragon fire hitting the Jolly Roger's powder magazine. =O

Yep, without black teak and fire silk, they'll be doomed! Actually, even with it, they might be :)

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

Brand new world for this by the sounds of it. I was hoping you'd extend the timeline of Clockwork & Chivalry for this one.

Lady Arabella Blackwood's meddlings had finally gone too far and she roused a terrible menace in the new world. It's 40 years later and the sons and daughters of your C&C characters are fighting the great serpents in the Americas.

This looks like a really fun setting. I have the original '50 Fathoms' campaign book for Savage Worlds, and I was considering porting it over to BRP. However I might wait for this product to be published, as its a similar genre and it will be custom made for BRP/Renaissance. Yes, it would be good to keep it in the Clockwork & Chivalry world at a later time period, just for consistency. In any case, this sounds like a great pulpy setting for BRP, I'm certainly gonna back it!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 3 months later...