The Depths of Winter - Historical Renaissance Adventure

doomedpc

The Depths of Winter pdf is out now!

Cakebread & Walton are proud to present a new historical military adventure by Roger Nicholls and Adrian Jones.

The Adventurers are all members of a military unit involved in the French and Indian Wars. The events take place in the Colonial North East, on the border between the modern day United States of America and Canada. A determined party of Rogers' Rangers must trek through the depths of winter to raid a French fort. Includes an adventure and resource pack for the period. Requires the Renaissance Deluxe rules.

The Depths of Winter - Cakebread & Walton | DriveThruRPG.com

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

Nice! Bought, downloaded and will read tomorrow :) Then I'll post more.

Also, I had some questions in the Isle of Stone thread that I hope will be answered ;)

Hope the reply covered most of your points ;)

Ade

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally read through Depths of Winter and once again I must say it's both a great idea and great execution.

I liked the optional encounters and the freedom given to the players when it comes to actual planning. I agree with the other reviewer that it can easily end in TPK, and I think that realization of the danger might help the players be more careful and resourceful. I liked the pregens a lot, too. Great job!

I actually went back and put up short reviews for Depths, as well as Wolves and Isle on DTRPG.

As always looking forward to new material :)

I've finally read through Depths of Winter and once again I must say it's both a great idea and great execution.

I liked the optional encounters and the freedom given to the players when it comes to actual planning. I agree with the other reviewer that it can easily end in TPK, and I think that realization of the danger might help the players be more careful and resourceful. I liked the pregens a lot, too. Great job!

I actually went back and put up short reviews for Depths, as well as Wolves and Isle on DTRPG.

I'm thrilled you're enjoying the material and many thanks for posting the reviews - kind words indeed :D

Peter Cakebread

I must second Pete's thanks. This makes it all worthwhile :)

• 4 months later...

Picked this up recently and really enjoy it. I think the setting is worthy of more Renaissance-based historical (fantasy) adventuring.

Thanks, Vorax. Roger is working hard on another adventure for the setting now :)

Peter Cakebread

Thanks, Vorax. Roger is working hard on another adventure for the setting now :)

Cool!

Rogue Games have done some great material for a colonial American setting for their Colonial Gothic RPG, but so far have only produced one book for the French and Indian War. Precis Intermedia did a nice Colonial Era supplement for their Coyote Trail RPG. The guys at Sixtystone Press are currently at work on colonial setting material for Call of Cthulhu. Have you thought of chiming in and doing some kind of mini sourcebook for this setting?

Edited by Vorax Transtellaris
RPGbericht (Dutch)