Runequest reviews

tgcb

Yeah, I have that free Radiance PDF as well, and it looks great. Very nice layout with great art.I'm sure the hard copy of it would be great to have. Yes it does make you wonder why its a free PDF, given the high productions. Great setting as well, its a pity they went with D20 OGL instead of BRP!

So long as we're admiring the production values of free-to-dowload core rulebooks for Other Systems, gotta give a shout-out to Eclipse Phase ... :?=O

wtfo??!? how dey do dat?

Clearly, one of those gamers who's becoming a successful gaming millionaire by starting as a multi-millionaire...

C'es ne pas un .sig

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as we're admiring the production values of free-to-dowload core rulebooks for Other Systems, gotta give a shout-out to Eclipse Phase ... :?=O

wtfo??!? how dey do dat?

Clearly, one of those gamers who's becoming a successful gaming millionaire by starting as a multi-millionaire...

Thanks for the "tip" on Eclipse Phase (I had never heard of it).

Like Radiance, it looks great (not sure how it plays of course).

Still wondering why we can't get an BRP game to look this good......

In a related note, I stopped in a Barnes and Noble in Cleveland, Ohio this morning.

Looking at the RPG section I found:

1) about 15 AD&D version 4 books

2) about 20 Pathfinder books

3) Pathfinder Basic box

4) 1 Star Wars boxed set

5) 1 Gurps book

6) 1 Warhammer Fantasy box set (the one for $99.99)

Sadly, no BRP to be seen.

Edited by tgcb

Well the USA is still better than here in Queensland, Australia - the small number of urban comic book shops have been the only decent place to buy rpgs from off the shelf during the past 20 years, and now the rpg stock dwindles to one or two small shelves, lost amongst a sea of trading card games and expensive complex board games, as well as, er, comics and graphic novels..., it seems online is the main way to browse rpgs these days...

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"