Guidance on converting OSR D&D to Magic World

Jack Tar

I have the MW pdf and am liking it and the continuity/interchangeability of BRP. However, I'd like a good resource of modules and they are lacking. The obvious source is D&D, especially the simpler OSR types. But I have little idea how I would go about converting stats. I suppose I could work it out eventually, but am wondering if someone has already done the legwork. If you know of any guidance or previous conversions or have any advice, I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks in advance.

132/420

A while back I was going to run Dark Sun (AD&D 2E) using the Legend/Runequest rules. It's not exactly the same as Magic World, but might be of some help.

Combat Style Skill Value

(20-THAC0) * 5 + 50 = Combat Style Value

Magic Skill Value

(Level-1) * 5 + 50 = Magic Skill Value

SIZ Value

T = 1, S = 1-5 (3), M = 5-25 (15), L = 25-49 (37), H = 49-73 (61), G = 73+ (91)

CON Value

For NPCs just use CON value on a 1:1 ratio.

For monsters use HD * 9 – SIZ = CON

OTHER SKILLS

For non-combat/magic skills, just assign an appropriate value for the skill based on the skill value competency levels given on page 43 of the Legend core rule book. (Alternatively see Competence Bands for Runequest or Bryan Maloney's Converting AD&D Campaigns to RuneQuest.)