The Green (discussion)

Puck

I wonder who was the first person to taste test that? Was it a dare?

Probably some third world person who when he found out later his coffee beans were pooped out of a Monkey's butt he said to himself, "hmm..not bad. I bet I could sell this to rich people!". :D

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably some third world person who when he found out later his coffee beans were pooped out of a Monkey's butt he said to himself, "hmm..not bad. I bet I could sell this to rich people!". :D

Exotic, rich taste with a distinctive odor...why wouldn't people pay big bucks for it:p

Wheew! I have been drinking some strange brew from Guatemala. I am glad I have never heard of monkey's living there! :shocked:

What I think is most important is to really flesh out and develop all the flora and fauna you would find in the Green: new monsters, races, plants, diseases, places of interests, technologies and all that good stuff people look for a supplement that hey can fit into their world.

Most of this stuff is fun to write and goes pretty fast. It is the rules heavy stuff that really starts bogging things down. But it is pretty necessary to flesh out the cultures properly.

As far as creatures go I was debating about whether to include "monsters" that already have stats in other BRP or Runequest type books.... dinosaurs and giant insects for instance. I wonder if those should be rehashed as they take up valuable space. (Especially all the hit location charts). It would be nice for any people new to BRP or do not have out of print books. The thing is I have feel like I am plagiarizing by taking the stats out of old monster books.

By the way I was thinking of using a type of beetle that would help "manufacture" goods in a similar way as the monkey and coffee bit. I think I read something in the wikipedia about beetle products.

Thanks for the ideas. Although the guys helping me have roleplayed some they are not very familiar with BRP and it really help to get input from a variety of sources. I had put aside the Ichorites for a while and went on to the Gazetteer, but now I have a lot of ideas flying about alchemy and it seems to be coming together better than the first time through.

Thanks!

294/420

As far as creatures go I was debating about whether to include "monsters" that already have stats in other BRP or Runequest type books.... dinosaurs and giant insects for instance. I wonder if those should be rehashed as they take up valuable space. (Especially all the hit location charts). It would be nice for any people new to BRP or do not have out of print books. The thing is I have feel like I am plagiarizing by taking the stats out of old monster books.Thanks!

I don't think it's necessary to include stats for "generic" monsters as their generally accesible for people to find. And if not, any seasoned GM can think up playable stats for a T-Rex or a Python. It's not that hard.

Anyway,here's a basic breakdown on what should be coverd to makes a great supplement book--or at least one that I would buy.

1) Introduction of The Green

2) The History of the Green

3) Exploring the Place

3) Flora and Flauna

4) New Plant life

5 New Monsters

6) People and Notable Characters

7) Places of Interest ( Dungeons, caverns, ruins, ect)

8) Exotic material ( diseases, food, ect)

9) Magic and Technology ( if any)

10) Any special rules

11) Scenarios

12) Maps

I seem to be on the right track then. What I got going is pretty close. It is in slightly a different order and an emphasis on new cultures (new magic/orders/cults) and interesting places. I have not written anything for scenarios as yet. Everything else needs to be finished and set in stone first. I was thinking that instead of one or two long scenarios, including a bunch of little small adventure hooks and possibly "one session" adventures like Griffin Mountain did.

294/420