Is chaosium still alive?

Link6746

I tried to contact chaosium today at 3:00 PM about an order I'd made (BRP Mecha, during Green Thursday) that had never arrived.

I got a generic message machine.

This is the 3rd time this has happened, and emailing them and using their contact form is of no use. (I've tried both, from Early december to now, about a total of 3 times each)

I don't know what has happened. I've never had trouble with Chaosium before, at least not before moving to California. The warehouse it was supposed to ship from was WITHIN California, no less. I could have picked up the book I ordered in six hours if I'd driven down there myself.

Instead it's been a month and a half, maybe two months, and I'm still waiting on my hard copy of BRP Mecha from Chaosium's webstore.

Did Chaosium go out of business? Did the distributors and warehouses they used down here end up contributing to that?

What happened?

I tried to contact chaosium today at 3:00 PM about an order I'd made (BRP Mecha, during Green Thursday) that had never arrived.

I got a generic message machine.

This is the 3rd time this has happened, and emailing them and using their contact form is of no use. (I've tried both, from Early december to now, about a total of 3 times each)

I don't know what has happened. I've never had trouble with Chaosium before, at least not before moving to California. The warehouse it was supposed to ship from was WITHIN California, no less. I could have picked up the book I ordered in six hours if I'd driven down there myself.

Instead it's been a month and a half, maybe two months, and I'm still waiting on my hard copy of BRP Mecha from Chaosium's webstore.

Did Chaosium go out of business? Did the distributors and warehouses they used down here end up contributing to that?

What happened?

I ordered from them at the end of November and got my stuff at the end of December - I'd keep trying, they are a small company with few full time staff and communication has always been a bit erratic.

Cheers,

Nick

I've phased in and out of angry and depressive states about this order's status every time I've thought about it. My emails to Chaosium are getting more erratic than their communication record.

This is why I go through Amazon. One example of a small RPG company with great customer service it's Hard8 and Kenzer & Co., the people behind the new Hackmaster. The authors of the books and Kenzer himself are ready too contact on any forum catering to Hackmaster or most classic D&D websites. when I initially ordered my Garweeze Wurld Gazetteer and Atlas a couple years back I got same day responses to inquiries. I don't know Chaosium's setup but many rpg companies could learn from K&C's example (such as 'never trust Wizards of the Coast').

I've phased in and out of angry and depressive states about this order's status every time I've thought about it. My emails to Chaosium are getting more erratic than their communication record.

We understand, really. Have you tried e-mailing Nick Nicario instead of the generic customer service contact? He often jumps in to handle order problems. He posts here as "Old Harry the Drifter."

<nick@chaosium.com>

• 1 year later...

Guess I've gotten lucky with Chaosium. I've Only called them twice but got a real person, a real friendly person, both times. Everything I've ordered was on time. One thing I ordered they accidentally sent me two copies of and told me to keep the extra when I offered to send it back. Real happy with them. :)

• Like 1

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects