RuneQuest: Classic Fantasy

threedeesix

Although people are obviously keen to see this product, I'm happy to see that you are taking the time to get it right. I'd rather wait another few months to get a product that I'll (hopefully) still be consulting for years to come than see a product rushed out just to meet an arbitrary deadline. Although it's important to meet deadlines once you've made a firm commitment, in this case the only commitment on the table is to release the book "sometime in 2015".

If d100 products are delivered late, that's often because an extra effort is being made to ensure that they are worth the wait.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Thaenor,

The book is finished, turned in, and 90% edited. It is currently awaiting internal art. Other than that I can't get really specific other than to say that in light of all the Moon Design/Chaosium/Design Mechanism developments, Classic Fantasy is still a priority for the Design Mechanism. I should be able to be a lot more specific in the coming weeks, but for the time being, you can rest assured that Classic Fantasy is in the best possible hands.

Rod

• Like 9

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy to hear that TDM will still be around and independent of Chaosium, and I look forward to this new Classic Fantasy! Has it been said if this will be softcover only or would a nice hardcover be an option? :)

Oh, it will be a nice hardcover. Rod's work deserves nothing less.

• Like 6

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

I'll preorder it! Question though: will it include any newly designed RuneQuest Essentials rules or be dependent on the RuneQuest core? 

Hey Trippy,

I do not have an answer for you at this time, but with all the exciting changes going on, anything is possible.

As soon as I know and can talk about the exact format, I'll pass it on.

Thanks for your interest.

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

I've been wanting to use RQ 6 for a Dark Sun campaign.  When Classic Fantasy was announced, I thought I would wait for it's release and try it.  I'm figuring there will be more D&D type spells to use.  What about converting the other unique aspects of Dark Sun?  Will this supplement help?

It will most definitely serve as a foundation.

It is already loaded with lots of classic spells, races, monsters, magic-items, etc.

Starting with those as a base, it should be pretty easy to make what changes are necessary for a Dark Sun conversion.

Plus, I'm always willing to give pointers and offer help.

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Add another voice to the chorus - I can't wait for Classic Fantasy RQ6!

D&D Was my first RPG back in 1980, and I've accumulated a LOT of stuff since then. Being able to easily adapt it to RuneQuest will be awesome (especially since I don't have a lot of playtime experience with the d100 family just yet)!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Fingolfin80, and everyone else.

Editing is done. Its currently in layout. Art for it is coming in at a rate of about 2 or 3 AWESOME pieces a day.

I "think" Loz posted on another forum that it is looking like a Q1 2016 release. But if I'm mistaken, I'm sure he'll chime in.

Thanks for your interest,

Rod

Edited by threedeesix
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, trechriron said:

This is going to be amazing, I can already tell. :-D

I can't take this pressure right now.  ;)

Rod

Edited by threedeesix