Stupor Munidi is back for RQ6

RosenMcStern

Were there a lot of changes? And if so, for those of us who bought the original and are incredibly cheap, would you consider a PDF-only "update"? (E.g. revised creatures, characters, skill names, errata, etc.)

OTOH, if it's just search "Persistence", replace "Willpower", etc., then it's probably not worth it.

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

Were there a lot of changes? And if so, for those of us who bought the original and are incredibly cheap, would you consider a PDF-only "update"? (E.g. revised creatures, characters, skill names, errata, etc.)

There were some changes, meaning that some rules adaptations that were required for MRQ1 are no longer there. RQ6 is better suited to that kind of setting so fewer tweaks were necessary. However, since most changes were "elimination of special rule ##", people who have the old edition may find the new one unnecessary.

OTOH, I have introduced a lot of personalizations of the base RQ6 rules (combat styles, traits, spells, cults, etc) that may be useful also as templates for other low fantasy settings. If you are new to RQ6, it is a good introductory setting with most adaptations already done - or a good source of examples of "how to design your own". I have seen that many people find it difficult to understand how to personalize some details that Loz and Pete left intentionally generic.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Great news!

I have the MRQ version in pdf format only, but I might consider getting the printed book in RQ6.

It's a brilliant medieval setting, and I'm glad its in print again.

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 3 weeks later...

Received mine just in time for my three-day weekend. I knew very little about this era in history and I've read so far is fascinating! Though I most likely won't be using the setting, the additions: skills, traits, creatures, and cult outlines will definitely be either added to my setting or will inspire parts of my setting. Thank you so much for this conversion and the chance to get it in print. I missed out when it was offered for BRP, so it's really great to finally add it to the library.

BTW, the lulu packaging was very well done. I don't know what I was expecting...ebay-esque, I suppose, but no short cuts were taken and I appreciate that.

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

I will have to look into grabbing this.

Is there any chance that you will be doing any of your other products under the RQ6 license. I am mostly wondering about Rome which I think would be excellent with RQ6. I know it can be run in RQ6 pretty easily without a new version, but I am lazy and prefer you to do all the work. :}

• 1 month later...