RuneQuest Essentials

lawrence.whitaker

We are releasing RQ6 in a much-reduced, introductory PDF edition called RuneQuest Essentials. Designed for those who want to try RuneQuest before migrating to the full rules, it offers a great way of getting to know one of the most celebrated roleplaying game systems out there.

What's more, RuneQuest Essentials is free. You can download it from www.thedesignmechanism.com/downloads (or via DrivethruRPG and our publisher page there). If you feel we're being overly generous, then there's a Donate button you can use to make a contribution of whatever you feel appropriate - or, at Drivethru, you can Pay What You Want.

What we want is for you to try RuneQuest. We'll be publishing an introductory scenario, Sariniya's Curse, very soon, and there's already a wealth of additional free material available on the Downloads page.

So if you've never tried RuneQuest before, there's no better time, and no better way, than with RuneQuest Essentials.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

We are releasing RQ6 in a much-reduced, introductory PDF edition called RuneQuest Essentials. Designed for those who want to try RuneQuest before migrating to the full rules, it offers a great way of getting to know one of the most celebrated roleplaying game systems out there.

What's more, RuneQuest Essentials is free. You can download it from www.thedesignmechanism.com/downloads (or via DrivethruRPG and our publisher page there). If you feel we're being overly generous, then there's a Donate button you can use to make a contribution of whatever you feel appropriate - or, at Drivethru, you can Pay What You Want.

What we want is for you to try RuneQuest. We'll be publishing an introductory scenario, Sariniya's Curse, very soon, and there's already a wealth of additional free material available on the Downloads page.

So if you've never tried RuneQuest before, there's no better time, and no better way, than with RuneQuest Essentials.

I'm glad to hear of this. RQ6 is a pretty pricey book, and it's hard to get someone to drop cash on it without experience.

Guest Vile Traveller

We are releasing RQ6 in a much-reduced, introductory PDF edition called RuneQuest Essentials [...] is free.

Ooh, very nice! I need to get back to my computer right now.

If I go with the "Pay What You Like" option on DriveThru, which sorely tempts me, how much money would you prefer me to drop on you (given the comparison in size to the $25 PDF cover price of the main book)?

And if you say something like "If you have to ask, you can;t afford it!", I shall snicker.

If I go with the "Pay What You Like" option on DriveThru, which sorely tempts me, how much money would you prefer me to drop on you (given the comparison in size to the $25 PDF cover price of the main book)?

And if you say something like "If you have to ask, you can;t afford it!", I shall snicker.

Loaded question, Mr H...

Here's a suggestion. Download it for free on our website (www.thedesignmechanism.com/products), take a look, and then you decide how much you'd like to donate, and then use the Paypal Donate button to make whatever donation you feel is fair, justifiable, affordable and relative...

We're happy with whatever you're comfortable with - even if that's nothing at all... :)

• 2 months later...

The hardcover book is too big to for carrying it around and besides that, I don't want to ruin it when using it. It is too pretty for that :)

Will there be PoD version of the essentials that would be good reference book for the core mechanics? I'd really want one.

The hardcover book is too big to for carrying it around and besides that, I don't want to ruin it when using it. It is too pretty for that :)

Will there be PoD version of the essentials that would be good reference book for the core mechanics? I'd really want one.

No, we don't intend to produce a POD version.

Thank you for making this available.  Now we just need RuneQuest evangelists at every gaming convention and outlet possible.  You guys are publishing quality product, but we need to get the word out and attract new players.

Thanks also for Saraniya's Curse.  The Harryhausen plot and ancient Greek-ish illustrations really reinforce the Bronze Age vibe you are going for.

Loaded question, Mr H...

Here's a suggestion. Download it for free on our website (www.thedesignmechanism.com/products), take a look, and then you decide how much you'd like to donate, and then use the Paypal Donate button to make whatever donation you feel is fair, justifiable, affordable and relative...

We're happy with whatever you're comfortable with - even if that's nothing at all... :)

I intend to show my appreciation in the form of buying the full hardcover.

• Like 2