Pirates & Dragons Print Update - Premium Print Edition Available

doomedpc

The premium hardback edition of Pirates & Dragons rulebook is now available from Drivethru.

Here is the update we just posted on Kickstarter:

"Hi Folks,

The good news is that the premium edition of the Pirates & Dragons rulebook has now been passed for print. We are going to be ordering your copies, to be sent to you direct, today - they should be with you very shortly.

The bad news is that the standard paperback and hardback editions are still not approved, due to technical difficulties beyond our control. Without boring you with all the technical details, the standard files are with the printer already, but we need acceptable proofs from them before we can send them out to you.

We will update you with news as soon as we have some more. We will also let you know when the other items are being sent out (maps, etc). The bestiary is complete and in layout - and we do not anticipate there being such a delay with the bestiary at the printer end.

Thank you again for all your patience and apologies to everyone who is still waiting.

Cheers,

Peter and Ken"

The premium edition and PDF is available here:

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/128665/Pirates--Dragons-Core-Rulebook

And Ken will be contacting anyone who has already purchased a PDF with the print discount deal, to see what their print preference is (anyone who does want a premium copy can receive their voucher in the next few days). The (less expensive!) standard hardback and paperback versions should be available soon! We will update as soon as we have more news.

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

• 2 weeks later...

I'm eagerly awaiting the day when the issues with the standard version are ironed out. :-)

Us too - I will post as soon as, but I thought I'd mention, Drivethru and LS are working on it and hope to have it resolved very shortly. (I believe the problem isn't at our end, or with the files, which is kind of a relief!) Apologies again, and here's hoping we hear early this week.

Peter Cakebread

And here is a look at the Premium Hardcover :)

Standard Hardcover and Softcover should be available soon - we are awaiting the latest batch of proofs, but Drivethru have said the problem with the printers has been addressed.
  • Like 1

Peter Cakebread

• 2 months later...

As one of the long-suffering "standard hardback" backers, I was truly overjoyed to see my book show up in the mail today! Many thanks to you for your persistence, and to the hard-working folks at Lightning Source and DTRPG! It is a beautiful book and worth the wait!

• Like 1

As one of the long-suffering "standard hardback" backers, I was truly overjoyed to see my book show up in the mail today! Many thanks to you for your persistence, and to the hard-working folks at Lightning Source and DTRPG! It is a beautiful book and worth the wait!

Did you get a premium hardback?

RPGbericht (Dutch)

Hi Folks,

Glad you like what you see, bturner :D

All the Pirates & Dragons corebooks (and the Bestiary, when it passes print) are in colour.

But it will have been a premium colour hardback that you received, as those are the only ones available at the moment. Drivethru have kindly come to an arrangement with us to upgrade the standard hardbacks to premiums, for those who joined the Kickstarter at standard h/c print levels, by way of apology for the delay - they have asked us to forward their apologies to everyone for the time it has taken to resolve the print issues.

For some unfathomable reasons, the standard hardcover files haven't been approved for print yet - they are being constantly re-uploaded by Drivethru (and Lightning Source US seem to be happy with them, but they keep being knocked back by Lightning Source UK).

Peter Cakebread

I think I did get a premium hardback. IIRC the standard hardback had a B&W interior and the book that showed up has a color interior.

It can easily be recognized by its thick, glossy paper. Standard quality POD has thinner, non-glossy paper.

I look forward to receiving mine! IIRC corebook and bestiary are going to be shipped separately for all KS backers, right?

RPGbericht (Dutch)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll check today - all the premium editions were ordered a while ago - I know the order went in, in one block, but was dispatched over a few days, but I'm surprised they haven't reached everyone by now.

Peter Cakebread