BUG Reports

Other members - do you experience this error that Max_Writer reports too?

No problems here. Maybe the trouble is in Max_Writer's computer setup, hmm? Perhaps a more detailed description of the problem would shed some light into it.

I can no longer paste things into the forums?  I've tried the paste button and the word paste button but nothing seems to work.  Little help?

Working in IT, have you tried turning it off and back on again?

It fixes 90% of issues. Either coming out of the browser and going back in, or rebooting the computer normally works wonders.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

I just had a go at uploading a pdf to the downloads and a jpg to the gallery but got a message saying that I can't upload those files!

Also tried to email Trif but got a message saying that you can't receive mail at the moment.

Am I banned :(

Looks good though!

Mr Jealousy has returned to reality!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed answer here, just got back from a trip to Scotland and the Continuum Convention in Leicester (great fun!).

I'll get around to this by the end of the week. Added it to the bug list.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Didn't find any obvious solutions problems on a quick scan. Before I get support, other members, are MrJealousy's bugs reproducible? All members should have the same permissions from what I can see in the admin control panel.

Guest Vile Traveller

Not sure if this counts as a bug report, but it seems the member Trifletraxor cannot receive any new messages at this time - any idea how we should get in touch with you?  :b2:

Okay, I'll have to check that.

I get an email whenever i get a private message so that's a way, or you can use trifletraxor at outlook dot com until I get it fixed.

Lot of stuff at work currently, but I'll get around to it.

Looks like I can upload images to my gallery.

But I'm still getting "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" when i try to upload a pdf to Invision Power Board / Downloads / Fantasy/Historic / Classic RuneQuest

It's less than 2mb and doesn't exceed the 20mb limit...

I'm in no great rush, I've just got something to share.

Mr Jealousy has returned to reality!

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent requests to the authors of the files reported broken to have them reuploaded. Those I don't get a response for I'll delete after a couple of weeks. Please continue report broken files. This can also be done using the "Is this file broken?" link on the download page.

@SokMunki - the middle file you report I don't find even find the description of. Could you point a link to where you tried download it? (Might have been removed by the author).

• 4 weeks later...

There's some problem with RSS/Atom feeds like http://basicroleplaying.org/rss/blog/. When I view them with my web browser, they seem to work fine but when I try to access them with my feed reader application (Icedove a.k.a. Mozilla Thunderbird) I get: " This RSS feed has been disallowed". Same thing with W3C Feed Validator. The Last 10 Submissions RSS Feed seems to work fine however.

Also, there no longer seems to be a general "New Posts" feed. This seems to be a feature of the new Invision Power Board forum so may be an intentional (lack of a) feature.

For those who haven't noticed, the feeds are accessible from the red button on the bottom left of the page. Most of the feeds listed are not related to Basic Roleplaying Central but rather Invision Power Board.

• 9 months later...

Something I noticed:

Some of the 'rank' symbols don't display properly, depending on the browser used. Well, at least for me. Here's a couple examples:

Chrome
Capture_zpskbhlnslh.png

Internet Explorer 11
Capture1_zpsdrc3smhk.png

Firefox doesn't show the 'dots' in the rank.

Edited by K Peterson

I've been looking through the settings without finding any obvious reasons for download fails or password loops.

Please report if you continue to experience download fail, include the browser you used and if it was a single specific file or multiple files.

Are you still experiencing password loops clanrence? If so I'll open a support thicket to have it investigated?

I tried multiple files.

Internet Explorer tells me: "Sorry there is a problem, something went wrong, error code EX2."

Firefox tells me: "File not found, Firefox can't find the file, Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted."

• Like 1