flowersofedo

I start a Superworld Campaign this Sunday (if all goes well) with a LARGE group of people interested. We're making characters beforehand but I'm using the optional xp rules from the Superworld Companion as well (and bending quite a few rules for some of the powers that people want). I hope the campaign will go for a while, allowing the handout of hero points to eventually make the heroes more powerful (unsure if we'll get to cosmic power for a very long time or not).

I video recorded the play test game (which took place in 1984), audio recorded it, and there is a role playing journal up online of what happened. The campaign that starts Sunday will take place in 2014 and be located in Charlotte, N.C.

Cool.  About three months ago I sat down with some players.  I wanted to read through and make some characters from the recent Marvel game and sadly discovered they don't contain rules to do that.  Out came my neglected copy of Superworld.

We went totally random and made character period to when Superworld was published.  It was a great time.  I need to run a game with them sometime.

As to the larger question, I've wanted to mock up a BRP supers game for years.  My plan was to take the basic system from Elric!, adjust hit points to reflect durability instead, and ditch most of the skills.  If you flip through the Call of Cthulhu book you'll see some wonderfully evocative skills pop up.  I see no reason why that idea couldn't be expanded for a supers game.

70/420

Other child heroes are routinely summoning giant apes, massive weapon-packed robots, and flying turtles the size of office buildings -- and the adults worry about this kid?  Perhaps she needs a better publicist.  Or her critters could shape-shift themselves into more acceptable forms.   :)

Well, she has caused several deaths (or her demons have) in the last few weeks (including two dead priests trying to stop the horrors she conjures up). To be quite honest, the church has some rather strict policies on demons ...