Large Magic Items

tooley1chris

Dang it, Clapham!

Yet another tome I'll need to look into...

Not sure why I didn't think of ley lines or places of power before.

That's a great addition for the Artifice supplement I'm working on.

Just when I get it almost done, Clapham adds a chapter for me. LOL! Guess I asked for it.

I haven't said it for a few hours so I'll reiterate:

I love the good folk of these forums. Always knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks for all the great advice!

• Like 1

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Not sure why I didn't think of ley lines or places of power before.

Merrie England has some rules for leylines in it, but they can give you magic points, not POW. RQII Necromantic Arts mentions that relics, spirits & demons, darkplaces(like the grave of a god), and areas of mass deaths can be tapped for POW using a Bleed Power spell specifically designed to work with another spell like Create zombie, etc. However it does not mention how often they can be harvested for POW.

http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Merrie England has rules for lots of things!  ;)

Ley Lines should have some power, but the intersections between ley lines have more power. A magician might be able to build a structure that harnesses the power of the ley lines, storing a little of the power and making it available. That is what the Sacred Architecture skill does in Merrie England. You could probably use that power to fuel enchantments bound to the area. Whether you could use it to create enchantments that are mobile depends on the GM and how the setting works.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Like dying from diarrhoea!  :(

Don't knock it - it is better to know the symptoms and how to treat it.

Otherwise you'd just be going through the motions!  :D

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here