tooley1chris

Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

20 hours ago, Nick J. said:

This is about the most comprehensive resource specifically written for gaming that I've ever stumbled across for historical prices of goods and services.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/241058

If that doesn't do it, then godspeed and good luck.

$30 for a Pdf tho and with no sample pages...ugh...also not sure about one of the writers replies about all coinage being silver. Anyone who has seen a good deal of ancient coins will see a LOT of bronze. 

17 hours ago, rsanford said:

I use renaissance pricing from the book “And a ten foot pole’.

I think I even have this laying around somewhere. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, tooley1chris said:

$30 for a Pdf tho and with no sample pages...ugh...also not sure about one of the writers replies about all coinage being silver. Anyone who has seen a good deal of ancient coins will see a LOT of bronze. 

It lists more than just silver coinage, but it's written from a medieval/renaissance perspective, hence the silver standard.

The price is kind of steep, but you can tell a lot of research went into it and it covers everything.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nick J. said:

It lists more than just silver coinage, but it's written from a medieval/renaissance perspective, hence the silver standard.

The price is kind of steep, but you can tell a lot of research went into it and it covers everything.

Ok I went ahead and bought the PDF. QUITE RIGHT! A LOT of work went into this. It's really quite impressive.

LOL. I also note that a lot of the prices, at least around the 1250 years, are quite similar to the MW Bronze to silver ratio and the prices in the MW book, with some exceptions (some extreme)

*sigh*

I think because I'm making this city for Magic World I'll go ahead and stick with MW pricing and just wing it on some of the items/services/ect...

1 hour ago, tooley1chris said:

LOL. I also note that a lot of the prices, at least around the 1250 years, are quite similar to the MW Bronze to silver ratio and the prices in the MW book, with some exceptions (some extreme)

*sigh*

I think because I'm making this city for Magic World I'll go ahead and stick with MW pricing and just wing it on some of the items/services/ect...

That's the thing about valuation and economies; they're all just a little bit different, because what's fashionable, scarce, or dear varies based on culture and society. I mostly refer to "The Marketplace"  when I want to give a thing a value that doesn't exist in another rule book (be it Magic World or any other medieval-ish fantasy game) and just remember that chasing perfect accuracy isn't all that important (unless you're gaming with people that really sweat that kind of stuff).

Edited by Nick J.
  • Like 1