Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

tooley1chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 9:17 AM, rsanford said:

Hey Chris!

I just read your religion book. Great stuff! I enjoyed it!

Ronnie

I'm curious if you think the deities are accurately depicted, as far as statistics and skills anyway 

• Like 1

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

8 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

I'm curious if you think the deities are accurately depicted, as far as statistics and skills anyway 

Chris - I need to go back and review. I will try to get that done tomorrow! Great stuff!

• Thanks 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got a new Microsoft Surface yesterday and am having a heck of a time getting neverwinter nights 2 (which I use for 3d mapping) to work on windows 10. UGH.

I've done it before on win10 but am not having much luck this time. Might slow down my progress on Tindale somewhat but I'm chugging along on my old surface until then...

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

14 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

So I got a new Microsoft Surface yesterday and am having a heck of a time getting neverwinter nights 2 (which I use for 3d mapping) to work on windows 10. UGH.

I've done it before on win10 but am not having much luck this time. Might slow down my progress on Tindale somewhat but I'm chugging along on my old surface until then...

The old 32-bit version? You might never get it to run native. You might need to try an emulator.

SDLeary

@tooley1chris Are you using the CD/DVD version of NWN2? On a lark, I downloaded and installed NWN2 Complete from GOG.com just now to test it (it's been in my library for years untouched) and the toolset fired up just fine from the install directory and I I have windows 10 (the 1809 update); I don't know if that differs significantly from MS's W10 on a touch however.

It would suck to have to drop $20 just to get it to work, but it might be worth looking into it if you haven't already.

@Nick J. I gotta tell ya buddy, that kinda pisses me off! 😁

I did a straight transfer from both my old surfaces running win8 and win10 neither would work. Then I downloaded the GoG version and still no luck. It's a windows problem for sure or a driver conflict. I got it working on a win10 device b4 but this one is kicking my butt

• Sad 1

@SDLeary I'm kinda holding out partitioning my harddrive for a copy of winXP...might look into emulator but I got it to work on my surface 1 with win 10 a few years ago. 

2 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

@SDLeary I'm kinda holding out partitioning my harddrive for a copy of winXP...might look into emulator but I got it to work on my surface 1 with win 10 a few years ago. 

If you don't want to go that extreme you could try installing XP to a virtual machine and testing there too. I remember the toolset being kind of a resource hog, so rendering performance might not be awesome?

4 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

I hope you have a large SSD on that Surface! :) (is there a method for this?... newer hardware, old OS with no drivers).

I understand the issue though. I'm a Close Combat fan, and have to fire up Parallels and Windows each time I want to play!

SDLeary

Edited by SDLeary

OK so yesterday I totally flipped out from not being able to figure out this little problem and decided to roll my device back to win7.

Accidentally did a clean install of win10 instead (dont work on software issues while drinking!😀)

After the long wait I decided to try and install Neverwinter Nights 2 on win10 again, just to see what happens...and it works flawlessly 😀

I'll never understand the magic of 0010110011

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SDLeary said:

Not really a problem if you remember to do a clean install every 5k miles! 😉

Still remember getting stuck with my kids in a shiny new Virgin Voyager train in Bristol Station in the South West of England ~15 years ago. Train crew struggled for 40 minutes with various issues with the on board systems, we pulled ~200yards out of the station and it conked out, we spent another 40 minutes with lights coming on, going off, information boards blanking and scrolling through, then a disgruntled guard came on the tannoy: "Right, we have tried everything except turning the whole train of and back on again - if that doesn't work we will have to get shunted back in to the station and put you all on a different train"..

Apparently it WAS running a version of Windows , because after a hard reboot it ran fine all the way to York... My kids will never let me live that down as I work in the rail industry. :D

Nick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok so back on topic 😀

With my current workload I'm completing 1-2 Buildings/NPCs/hooks per day, populating Tindale. The job just doesnt let me slack like it use to 😀

Chugging along

• Like 1

Hey guys let's talk "price in Bronze" for a second. While the MW book has prices for a wide range of goods and services (ranging from  the cost of eggs to a castle) some things seem a little wonky to me. Working on a city with so many shops of goods and services has gotten me wondering if I wanna use the MW price lists at all or if there's an alternative list you good people use?

• Like 1

So, on the above topic, I started researching bronze coin and bead usage in ancient middle east, like Mesopotamia. It's a pretty messy puzzle from what I've seen so far. Seems early economics weren't as straight forward as our beloved RPG creators made it in the systems 😀.

As I stated in my previous comment, MW has a pretty big variety of pricing, so I gotta think the writers found a decent list of comparisons some where...

11 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

Hey guys let's talk "price in Bronze" for a second. While the MW book has prices for a wide range of goods and services (ranging from  the cost of eggs to a castle) some things seem a little wonky to me. Working on a city with so many shops of goods and services has gotten me wondering if I wanna use the MW price lists at all or if there's an alternative list you good people use?

I use renaissance pricing from the book “And a ten foot pole’.

• Thanks 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!