Classic Fantasy Volume 2, does it exist?

KPhan2121

Hi, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, there will be no BRP Classic Fantasy II.

I have since signed on with the awesome Design Mechanism, publishers of the acclaimed RuneQuest 6, and Classic Fantasy will be published using that system.

The entirety of BRP Classic Fantasy has been rewritten and will be included along with all of the unpublished material, and a complete set of rules under one set of covers.

The entire package is nearing completion and should be turned in no later (hopefully) than the end of January.

I'm sorry for any problems this may cause, but I am very proud of this new book and I believe the added playtesting and extended experience on my part will make for an even better product.

Rod

• Like 2

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Hi, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control, there will be no BRP Classic Fantasy II.

I have since signed on with the awesome Design Mechanism, publishers of the acclaimed RuneQuest 6, and Classic Fantasy will be published using that system.

The entirety of BRP Classic Fantasy has been rewritten and will be included along with all of the unpublished material, and a complete set of rules under one set of covers.

The entire package is nearing completion and should be turned in no later (hopefully) than the end of January.

I'm sorry for any problems this may cause, but I am very proud of this new book and I believe the added playtesting and extended experience on my part will make for an even better product.

Rod

Cool, I'm glad to see it continue on in some form. There needs to be a D&D style RPG that uses d100 system.

You like Fading Suns? Well, I made a thing that's kinda like it!

The Classic Fantasy Revised book keeps referencing a Volume 2, but I can't find any information on it? Am I crazy or is it not out yet?

I have been running a CF campaign for nearly 2 years and I am very happy with what Rod has done.  My group is currently in the middle of the giant series and will proceed all the way through Q1 - Queen of the Demonweb Pits.

I enjoy converting adventures, monsters and magic items to BRP/CF.  It is not that difficult, for example here is my version of a cursed scroll:

CURSED SCROLL: Unfortunately, when any writing on a cursed scroll is looked at, the reader will immediately be cursed as follows:

The  reader  turns  into  a  black house cat. He or she will possess the same INT and POW as before. All other characteristics are determined randomly as per the characteristics of the new form.  All  Combat,  Physical  and  Manipulation  skills  are  reduced to zero except for those shown below, while Mental,  Communication, and Spell skills are unaffected. The character can talk, and cast spells, but the voice is very cat like.  Only a remove curse spell can remove the curse of this nature. However, the DM may allow the cursed characters to remove it by completing a special adventure or performing a worthy but difficult task. The curse is only effective one time as the writing vanishes after it is looked at.

Attributes:

Char.                Roll                 Average           MOV 10

STR                 1D3                 2                      HP 4

CON               2D6                 7                      DB -1D6                    

SIZ                  1                      1                     

INT                 Unchanged

POW               Unchanged     

DEX                3D6+12           22-23

CHA               3D6                 10-11

Armor: None

Weapons:

Attack                         Skill                 Damage

Bite                 40%                 1D3+DB

Claws              60%                 1D2+DB

Rend               80%                 2D2+DB

Skills: Move Quietly 90%, Dodge 70%, Climb 60%, Hide 80%, Listen 80%

Note: The cat can attack twice per round, either with  two Claw hits, or a Claw and a Bite. If both attacks succeed, it can then Rend its victim. The cat also has infravision allowing it to see 20m in darkness.