SimpleQuest an update

Newt

Hi all

This is just a quick update about where I'm upto with SimpleQuest for those of you who are interested.

Well the writing on the game has been completed after much delay. Didn't factor in the demands of my young daughter and her hassled mother on my time ;) Its currently being edited, by Graham Spearing a friend of mine and long time BRP head and when I receive the chapters back I'll be putting it together with the art that Simon Bray has already sent me. So the only hurdle to this getting out is me and my time :( While I'm reluctant to set a firm date, since the God of Gaming mocks me badly every time I do, I can safely say it will be released by the start of summer.

Since I have the Introduction chapter back from editing, I'll be putting it together with some art, to create a new preview of the game, which I post to my website hopefully by the end of the week.

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

• 2 months later...

Simon Bray, the artist for SimpleQuest, came up with the goods today as he submitted this lovely vivid cover that I think sums up the tone of the game nicely.

Simplequest-cover-test-tn.jpg

I've also posted the Introductory chapter of the game on the SimpleQuest page of my website, so you can check out what its all about.

Not long to go now.

I've also posted the Introductory chapter of the game on the SimpleQuest page of my website, so you can check out what its all about.

Not long to go now.

Great reading... It's a good idea to start the introduction as if it were a novel.

I don't want to sound as if I'm criticising :innocent: (I really love the concept, the art and the writing) but I see quite a few spelling errors/typos in there. If you want a proofreader, I'm a volunteer :)

• 2 weeks later...

You've got the job Gianni! One can never have enough Typo Trapping Trolls!

Another update, unfortunately Real Life TM has mugged me once again, so I'm not going to be able to do the full release for Continuum, beginning of August :(

So instead I'm going to do a Pdf 'Zero Edition' , which will be all the text with minimal formatting of all the chapters except the Creatures, Setting and Adventure chapters.

This will give you guys something to play with, give me feed back on and of course cut down on Errata and Typos in the final 1st Edition, which will be available September or October at the latest.