Question about New BRP (Zero Edition and 1st)

Tywyll

Somewhere between the two styles.

Here's a list of the superpowers:

Cheers!

Does 'Unarmed Combat' allow you to model such things as claws? Are there rules for supergear (a super hero with a magic hammer for example)?

Would you mind listing the names of the spells available in the magic section? I'm really curious. Thanks so much for the info, May can't get here fast enough.

:D

Does 'Unarmed Combat' allow you to model such things as claws? Are there rules for supergear (a super hero with a magic hammer for example)?

Claws? A magic hammer? I have never heard such silly ideas for a superhero game. And someone else even suggested that shields can be thrown. Phoooey!

I will post better suggestions after I have checked what made that "snikt" noise behind me :shocked:

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Unarmed Combat is a bonus to martial arts.

Claws would be handled through a mutation, or though the rules for gadgets (which are admittedly rudimentary). The same for power armor, solar gems, ant-controlling helmets, and a quiver of trick arrows.

Would you mind listing the names of the spells available in the magic section?

I don't have the book handy, but they're more-or-less identical to the ones in the Magic World supplement from Worlds of Wonder.

Unarmed Combat is a bonus to martial arts.

Claws would be handled through a mutation, or though the rules for gadgets (which are admittedly rudimentary). The same for power armor, solar gems, ant-controlling helmets, and a quiver of trick arrows.

That's interesting, about the Claws. Are the mutations and super powers equatable? I mean, would you use mutations for more 'physical' super heroes while using superpowers for more generic ones? Can you spend points from your super powers on specific mutations if there is something you want (like the aforementioned claws)?

I don't have the book handy, but they're more-or-less identical to the ones in the Magic World supplement from Worlds of Wonder.

Ok, so nothing really new there then.

The sorcery system is the system of magic from 'Elric!' correct? Both with the summons and the 'fire and forget' spells?

That's interesting, about the Claws. Are the mutations and super powers equatable? I mean, would you use mutations for more 'physical' super heroes while using superpowers for more generic ones? Can you spend points from your super powers on specific mutations if there is something you want (like the aforementioned claws)?

There are some suggestions on how to handle characters with multiple power types, but my advice is not to cross the streams, so to speak.

The system is easy enough that it would be almost no work whatsoever to recreate a specific power from a different system (like turning a psychic power into a super power).

Ok, so nothing really new there then.

New descriptions, and some more game mechanic stuff.

The sorcery system is the system of magic from 'Elric!' correct? Both with the summons and the 'fire and forget' spells?

The summons spells have been toned down to be less world-specific.

The spells were never fire and forget. A player chooses which spells to load in memory, and can cast each indefinitely if power points and conditions allow (conditions equaling stuff like "must be near a body of water to summon water elemental").

Quick question. How are rules from creating items, i.e. Magic "stuff". I recall fairly simple rules from RQ years ago. Does BRP allow for making items?

From most Chaosium games, it seems items were only created by off screen NPC types. Most examples I've seen usually cost a lot of time, money and permanent power.

Thanks,

Grey

At Play in the Fields of the Fnord

Quick question. How are rules from creating items, i.e. Magic "stuff". I recall fairly simple rules from RQ years ago. Does BRP allow for making items?

I've only got the tapebound pre-EZ copy on hand, but pages 240-247 were about creating equipment with characteristics, skills, and powers, with rudimentary guidelines for each of the power types (magic, mutation, psychic, sorcery, and super).

So yes.

I've only got the tapebound pre-EZ copy on hand, but pages 240-247 were about creating equipment with characteristics, skills, and powers, with rudimentary guidelines for each of the power types (magic, mutation, psychic, sorcery, and super).

So yes.

Please disregard my post, I'm a git who can't read. :P