Official Cover and Release Announcement

Jason D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own book, GURPS Atomic Horror, was blessed with a fantastic cover. That was luck. Although, to be honest, most GURPS covers are golden.

OMG, Mithras. Thats my favorite GURPS book of all time. Great work!!

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Love the new cover!

I just had to pop back in to say that. I have been AFK for a while when I realized I was spending far too much time on this board and not enough getting actual work done, but I have been following the news on it. When the 1st edition comes out I may not be able to resist coming back here to discuss the changes.

Very much looking forward to getting my hands on a copy!

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

What a brilliant concept and nicely carried out as well. Not only is it cool, but it will not seem as embarassing to carry around in public as some other role playing stuff.

I guess everyone has their own taste but to me it looks pretentious, geeky and not that well-drawn. I prefer lavish colour art that captures the imagination and that can develop into an imaginative 'look' over the whole line of a product.

Like I said the original colour art also had a 'Golden Age' feel to it that was warm and positive.

Still can't wait for the book though.

I guess everyone has their own taste but to me it looks pretentious, geeky and not that well-drawn.

You can't please everyone, but it sounds like they please more people with this cover than the last. (Though I love the simple dragon on my BRP Zero books too!) :cool:

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I'll admit to some surprise that anyone prefers the old cover.

I felt that it just looked dated - like something that had been recycled from Different Worlds.

This one, to me, emphasizes the approach to the rules - that the character, like man, is the measure of all things. Though it was Protagoras who said it, it's been linked heavily with the da Vinci drawing.

I liked the idea of the basic Chaosium logo cover... but I'm not sure it would mean as much to someone new to the game...

Yep. The logo cover was perfect for the Zero Edition, but the new one is better for the first edition I think.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Guest the Bromgrev

Well, now, can't say I mind that cover at all. And it'll be nice to see my name inside, too, even if my contributions were paltry compared to some. :o

Looks like the release datae is now approaching faster than it's receding, so hopefully we'll catch up with it soon! :party:

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, I spotted a possible (unintentional?) inspiration to the new BRP Core book in a Warhammer 40K supplement on this page:

Black Industries

Scroll a little further down and you'll see what I mean. I've no intention of blaming anyone for not coming up with the BRP book front cover idea without this influence, though! It can be, as I said, unintentional.

Erik Brickman.

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx