The Breaking of Spring for Renaissance Deluxe Out Now

doomedpc

Hi All,

A new Rogers' Rangers PDF adventure is out now for Renaissance Deluxe!

1756, early spring. Some snow still lies on the ground in the colonial north-east. The Adventurers are all French-speaking colonial frontiersmen, who have been conscripted into the British Army. Due to their special skills, they have been assigned to the crack regiment known as Rogers’ Rangers. Tasked with sinking a French ship in the harbour of Port Louis, they little suspect the obstacles that stand in their way...

A historical adventure for Renaissance Deluxe, and a follow-up to the first Rogers’ Rangers adventure, The Depths of Winter.

Written by Roger Nicholls and Adrian Jones. Published by Cakebread & Walton.

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/145205/The-Breaking-of-Spring

• Like 1

Peter Cakebread

>:>Cakebread&WaltonO:)

Purveyors of Fine Imaginings

Is anyone familiar with this game from Ganesha Games?

Ganesha games rules|french-indian war|song of drums and tomahawks

I wonder if it's any use for RPGs set during the French & Indian War, in addition to Cakebread & Walton's own material and Rogue Games' French & Indian War sourcebook for Colonial Gothic.

RPGbericht (Dutch)

I've used 'This Very Ground' from Iron Ivan Games for F&I War skirmish gaming with miniatures, but not the Ganesha set. A friend used their 'Song of Blades' set for fantasy skirmish gaming and heavily modified them to suit his games.

Nigel

• 5 months later...

I'd be all over Rogue Games' Colonial Gothic if they released their game's material in new editions using C&W's Renaissance rule set.  (I just don't have the time to pick-up a whole new rule system whereas Renaissance being D100 is pretty straight forward.)

The problem of the 12° system isn't that it's particularly complicated or fiddly, but as much as I love Colonial Gothic I have to say they could've done a better job explaining the rules in a more consistent manner, even in the much improved 2nd edition of the rulebook. I agree that Colonial Gothic using the Renaissance rules would be awesome.

RPGbericht (Dutch)

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite of few books of Colonial Gothic but I have never really seen the great accomplishment that using D12s has done for gaming. I find it rather akward to figure out what my chances are etc. Seems more like the idea to do "something totally new and different: Let's use different dice!"

Other than that the material is pretty good - I bought the "French & Idian War"-spurcebook - a well-made addition and background to the adventures of Roger's Rangers.

I hope to see more of these!