PDF UPDATED!

BMonroe

At long last, the PDF of Magic World has been updated with all currently-known errata!

It's been reloaded to Drivethrurpg.com, and is going to be reloaded to Chaosium.com later today.

Yay!

(And if you find any errors, keep 'em to yourself until next week. I'm too tired to think about them today...)

• Like 4

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

I suspect that they will probab;y add back old orders on a case by case basis when asked (that's how I'd do it) so personally I'd let the dust settle a bit before bombarding Ben with requests. It might also be better to wait until you need the data to contact the company. If it should happen that they can't save Chaosium it wont matter but letting them have some breathing space might make that bit of difference.

• Like 1

Nigel

Yeah, I'll have to wait for someone at Chaosium to restore the order data.  I can't find *any* proof I bought the darn PDF in my e-mail (and GMail supposedly saves everything).  Unless I can find something in PayPal or my credit card history, I'll have to just buy it again.  (Which I'm not keen on, but maybe Chaosium needs the extra $25.)

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

Yeah, I'll have to wait for someone at Chaosium to restore the order data.  I can't find *any* proof I bought the darn PDF in my e-mail (and GMail supposedly saves everything).  Unless I can find something in PayPal or my credit card history, I'll have to just buy it again.  (Which I'm not keen on, but maybe Chaosium needs the extra $25.)

I've had a similar issue with gmail before. Try going to the "All Mail" folder and search there.

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

Just wanted to say that Ben and Dustin solved my problem lightning fast! Chaosium FTW :)

Ditto - Fantastic service, something has really improved over at Chaosium!

• Like 1

Stormbringer! - Exploring the worlds of the Eternal Champion at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com

Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org

DCtRPG.info - Supporting Dark Conspiracy across the decades - http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.com

I've had a similar issue with gmail before. Try going to the "All Mail" folder and search there.

That's what I've been doing, both in my e-mail client and mail.google.com ... it's just not freaking there.  (Out of habit I'd delete receipts from my Inbox once I had the product.)  There might be one or two other things I bought through Chaosium that I don't have mail receipts for.  Maybe their e-mail sender was glitchy, or GMail drop(ped) stuff on the floor.

Seriously, Warehouse 23 / e23 ported over old receipt data when they changed systems.  Why not Chaosium? (EDIT: Not blaming current management, naturally.)

Frank

"Welcome to the hottest and fastest-growing hobby of, er, 1977." -- The Laundry RPG

Also wanted to chime in and say thanks to Ben and Dustin for sorting out my old order.

@fmitchell

That's a shame you can't find your receipt. I used to delete stuff like that too, but once I started archiving everything in gmail my life has had a lot less Pepto Bismal in it. 

I'm REALLY happy to see an updated PDF with the errata applied; I just really wish y'all would have a POD option on DTRPG so I could order a hard-copy with this errata included. I mean I can get it printed+bound elsewhere, but an "official" paperback would see more money thrown from my wallet....

• Like 3

I'm REALLY happy to see an updated PDF with the errata applied; I just really wish y'all would have a POD option on DTRPG so I could order a hard-copy with this errata included. I mean I can get it printed+bound elsewhere, but an "official" paperback would see more money thrown from my wallet....

This exactly. And a hardcover option wouldn't be bad either :)

Is there a separate errata doc for those of us with a print copy?

It's pinned at the top of the MW forum here.

FYI, I noticed a pretty serious formatting gaffe on pages 97 & 98. Part of the text column on page 98 got cut down the edge and that text in the margin of pg 97.

It's pinned at the top of the MW forum here.

FYI, I noticed a pretty serious formatting gaffe on pages 97 & 98. Part of the text column on page 98 got cut down the edge and that text in the margin of pg 97.

Yup. Noticed that a few days ago. It's on Nick's list to do in a few days, once he's done with a couple other projects that have to get finished ASAP.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

That's what I've been doing, both in my e-mail client and mail.google.com ... it's just not freaking there.  (Out of habit I'd delete receipts from my Inbox once I had the product.)  There might be one or two other things I bought through Chaosium that I don't have mail receipts for.  Maybe their e-mail sender was glitchy, or GMail drop(ped) stuff on the floor.

Seriously, Warehouse 23 / e23 ported over old receipt data when they changed systems.  Why not Chaosium? (EDIT: Not blaming current management, naturally.)

I wish I knew. It's a big provlem, but one I don't think there's any way to solve except on a case by case basis.

• 3 weeks later...

Slammed getting a last few things ready for GenCon, but hoping to get that revised PDF up this week.

• Like 2