Demo Folks Needed For GenCon!

BMonroe

Hey, all!

I know it's a last minute request, but that's just the way things are going around here right now.

I'm looking for anyone interested in helping out with some BRP and Magic World demos at GenCon in a few weeks. If you're going to the show, and willing to help out for a couple of hours, I'd love to talk to you. Drop me a line at ben@chaosium.com and we'll figure things out. Thanks!

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant, Lammomedes, simply brilliant!

Cheers,

"We still live!" --John Carter

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am going to try and run Magic World again next year. Hopefully I will get a few female players this time around (the one pre-signed never showed up). However, the five male players had fun with the fast play, quick combat, and defeating the necromantic threat.

Woo hoo! Well, I can tell you that we sold out of all the copies of Magic World we brought to GenCon, so that's something. I even was asked to autograph a few copies, which was kinda cool.

• Like 7

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Woo hoo! Well, I can tell you that we sold out of all the copies of Magic World we brought to GenCon, so that's something. I even was asked to autograph a few copies, which was kinda cool.

Ben,

I hope my game had some small part to do with those sales. The players, many of whom had played other BRP games (mostly Cthulhu) thought it went well. I used a Sword and Sorcery Setting (Xoth) from Mongoose/Morton Braten, but otherwise, it was mostly in the background. Printed up character sheets, pictures of characters on the sheets, all served to help the players get into the final battle against the minions of the Snake Cult serving the Necromancer.

• Like 1

Ben,

I hope my game had some small part to do with those sales. The players, many of whom had played other BRP games (mostly Cthulhu) thought it went well. I used a Sword and Sorcery Setting (Xoth) from Mongoose/Morton Braten, but otherwise, it was mostly in the background. Printed up character sheets, pictures of characters on the sheets, all served to help the players get into the final battle against the minions of the Snake Cult serving the Necromancer.

I'm using the World of Xoth for my USR Sword & Sorcery game from the material Thulsa published on his blog. Xoth.net publishing or some such. Lot of free material to get you started. Xoth is a great S&S setting.

The Vanishing Tower RPG Blog Read about my attempts at FTF RPG in the wilderness!

Hopefully getting you guys closer to a new printing with errata! In hardback...with leather cover...and gold trim pages...  (I know...patients) :)

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Hopefully getting you guys closer to a new printing with errata! In hardback...with leather cover...and gold trim pages...  (I know...patients) :)

Might get one made of deep one skin or printed in Cthulhu ink before this comes .... just sayin', but I've been surprised before :D

Get all our products at our website: www.devotedpublishing.com

Check Solace Games out on Facebook here!

I'm using the World of Xoth for my USR Sword & Sorcery game from the material Thulsa published on his blog. Xoth.net publishing or some such. Lot of free material to get you started. Xoth is a great S&S setting.

I think its a great setting, and the actual published versions, whether they be for Pathfinder (meh) or for Mongoose Runequest/Legend (yay) are excellent sourcebooks.

The Xoth web page, still with lots of stuff on it, is at: http://xoth.net/blog/