Most Desired Supplement for Magic World

rsanford

I've already posted that I would love to see an ever expanding list of scenarios, like ICE did with MERP. And while this may seem like a niche market, i remember buying more than a couple of those modules from MERP for my AD&D campaigns. A mapped out and detailed Moria was nice reference for a dwarf stronghold. Mount Gundaba was the same for an orc stronghold. Who's to say a plethora of MW scenarios wouldn't appeal to players of other systems as well? The cross compatibility with other sister systems makes this attractive, sure, but even DMs using completely different systems can still benefit from ready made adventures by substituting stats. Just saying it wouldn't necessarily be ONLY MW fans purchasing and using these products if made available. 

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Yes that's totally true. I have re-trapped many Rolemaster, HARP, and D&D scenarios over the years to be used with RuneQuest. Certainly having maps for dungeons, villages, old fortresses etc have always been handy, and those games did this particularly well.

I did likewise with a couple of Elric/Stormbringer scenarios as well. Not so much for the maps, but the NPC character stats were so close to RQ that it made portability an ease.

That's primarily the main way I was hoping to support Magic World in the first place, considering I'm more of a RQ GM anyway.

I bought the initial Magic World rulebook just because I wanted to support Chaosium getting it off the ground, rather than for my core fantasy build (although I like the simple char gen in MW, that was a stroke of genius). I really like the Advanced Sorcery book however, as it has a wide application for any BRP game. 

But I was really hoping to see this more as a line of scenarios which I could pillage for whatever setting I like. The Southern Reaches is a perfect analogy for the old D&D style modules, and I was hoping to see a series a scenarios I could use for one-shots, or re-trap and use within the RQ Glorantha setting.

So I'm still holding out that this may occur under the new structure, but only time will tell I guess

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

With Chaosium taking over RQ once again I can honestly see MW being used as a template for RQ in the future. Maybe not in the next few years, but eventually.

I'm not sure what you mean. It's already been publicly stated that The Design Mechanism's flavor of Runequest will be the go forward engine for RQ.