Sign in to follow this  
Nick J.

Form Fillable Adventurer Sheets for Magic World

Auto-magical, form-fillable adventurer sheets for Magic World. Two versions: One for the optional rule for Heroic Hit Points (CON +SIZ), and the other for the manly man, standard Hit Points method (SIZ + CON)/2

The sheets have been tested pretty extensively by myself, and others have reported success with them. The latest version 1.2.1, is for all intents and purposes "final." The PDFs were created in Foxit PhantomPDF, and use a fair number of javascript functions to calculate all kinds of stuff throughout the sheet, to save you the headache of having to do all of the tedious data entry.

Features:

• Characteristic Generator button (invisible when you print)
  • Automatic calculation of derived characteristics like HPs, Major Wound, Characteristic rolls, Characteristic bonuses, Magic Points, MP regeneration rate, and damage bonus.
  • Fields for tracking temporary changes to characteristics, extra Hit Points, extra reservoir(s) of Magic Points.
  • Skill totals sum up inputs, base and skill category modifiers automatically, and reflect changes in characteristics or armor penalties.
  • Extra fields for custom skills
  • Skill penalties for armor automatically apply to Agility Roll, as well as Physical, Manipulation and Perception skills
  • Total Hit Points recalculate characters who have achieved apotheosis and become Champions of Balance (CON + SIZ + POW)
  •  Grimoire section that tracks spell levels in memory and Free INT
  • lots of hover-over tooltips

The sheets are in the style of the official sheet at the back of the book. They are also unprotected, so if you have PDF editing software like Acrobat or Foxit Phantom, you can edit these however you see fit.

The most up to date sheets are below.

Edited by Nick J.
Changed Title and text to reflect that sheets are no longer being tested, they are final
  • Like 1

For the curious, I noticed and corrected a formatting error in the 'Major Wounds' calculation that was returning an invalid number. Now I'm just going through the forms and making sure that I didn't overlook anything else.

Once I'm reasonably satisfied that the sheets are bug-free I'll be uploading them to the downloads section I suppose. 

Cheers

Edited by NAJones
grammarz and stuffs
  • Like 2

Update:

I'm pretty sure I have just about all of the bugs on the run, but I'm in the middle of a move. I'll upload these to the download section next week.

• Like 1

Alright. I've looked things over multiple times and I'm not spotting any more errors, that said I'll be uploading all three files forthwith.

Thank you. I've just filled out the Heroic sheet and everything seems to be fine. It's just what I was looking for. I'd fiddled around with an excel sheet but I wasn't happy with it. This does the job nicely.

• Thanks 1

For those who might still be interested, I updated these character sheets in the downloads section. The explanation of changes are included in the revision notes (mostly added some extra calculations, like armor penalties, sum of skill points added/allotted, some minor cosmetic adjustments, most calculated fields don't display a value until you enter a governing characteristic, etc.)

• Like 4

Well, there's always something I guess. I did a bit more testing and I found a bug: Major Wound level was being calculated incorrectly (fixed in the new version).

Beyond that I added some quality of life fixes, and some additional fields that I always forget about until I need them.

• Separate fields for tracking current and original characteristics -- useful for characters that burn POW for Fey Magic, or get temporary boosts/banes from spells, etc.
  • A field for temporary hit points (for things like Quick Heal, or whatever other effects might temporarily boost HPs)
  • fields for tracking spell levels in memory and free INT (for you demoniac summoners)
  • A field for tracking temporary Magic Points from something like a Brazier or Staff
  • Reordered fields so you can comfortably tab through the document when you are filling out the sheet.
  • Added a few more miscellaneous tool-tips for some fields, to make rules references easier.

Test it out and let me know if something is wonky and I'll do my best to fix it ASAP.

• Like 2

Another update.

Why the change? My Major Wound calculation wasn't bugged after all, I was. Also, why the hell not?

List of changes

• went back to the old Major Wound calculation. Turns out I was crazy and spent too much time reading the BRP Big Gold Book, and realized that I had it right the first time (greater than half HPs in MW. Half or greater than HPs in BRP)
  • Cleaned up a few more typos, and added more tool-tips.
  • Added a couple of widgets: One rolls characteristics as per the standard method (3D6, save 2D6+6 for SIZ and INT), a widget to reset rolled characteristics, and two buttons to clear tick marks, one for lost HPs, the other for used MPs. These buttons are invisible if/when you print the sheet on paper.