L. Whitaker and P. Nash contributed to Legends?

Nerun

Legend was published in Oct/2011 and RuneQuest 6 in Jul/2012. I know that Mongoose's RuneQuest II (MRQ2) and The Design Mechanism's RuneQuest 6 (RQ6) was written by Lawrence Whitaker & Pete Nash.

I noticed that some changes in Legends and RQ6 (both against MRQ2) are the same. Example: in MRQ2 Strike Rank add together SIZ, INT and DEX. But in both Legends and RQ6 it is only INT and DEX.

My question is: Lawrence Whitaker & Pete Nash contributed to Legends in some way?

Legend is a slightly amended version of MRQII with the Glorantha stuff removed for licensing reasons. AFAIK Loz and Pete did not provide further work on Legend as they were busy with The Design Mechanism. There may have some changes that made it into Legend that were scheduled for a errata release for MRQIi that were put into Legend.

• Like 1

Nigel

Loz and Pete wrote some material for Mongoose RuneQuest, mainly MRQ2, Vikings and Blood Magic, I think.

They haven't written for Legend and I very much doubt that they would do, as they have a perfectly good version of RuneQuest to write for.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Pete and I completely wrote Mongoose's RuneQuest II, which later became Legend. The conversion to Legend was handled by Gareth Hanrahan, and he made some alterations to a few mechanics, but I don't know precisely which ones.

So Legend is largely mine and Pete's work, with some changes by Gar.

• Like 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png