A Revolution for D100

RosenMcStern

@rsanford: 1. yes, and for hitpointless too 2. Bestiary... you have just given me an idea for a stretch goal 3. Multi-genre, with advanced combat more suited for medieval fantasy

Mecha is the only past supplement that will certainly be ported to Revolution. It will be packed with the rules in a stand-alone game. One of the reason why I am doing this is that not having the core rules in the book has greatly penalised Mecha in terms of diffusion among those who love mecha but do not know D100. It could compete with Mekton or Chris Perrin's Mecha but since those are self-contained games they outmatch it.

The other games will be ported only if there is a really large demand. Whoever has the original should still be able to play it with revolution, so re-issuing a supplement might turn out to be an unnecessary effort.

• Like 2

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Bestiary... you have just given me an idea for a stretch goal

ok, but please then I'd like to see 1- at last unicorns looking more like a goat rather than like a horse and 2- if panthotaurs, please change the name or give them the body of a bull -or at least the legs.

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

@rsanford: 1. yes, and for hitpointless too 2. Bestiary... you have just given me an idea for a stretch goal 3. Multi-genre, with advanced combat more suited for medieval fantasy

You guys have a solid track record and I'd be happy to support a Kickstarter.  Please try to keep the stretch goals reasonable, as I hate to see promises of lots of supplemental books* that delay the main rulebook as you suddenly have to write an extra 75,000 words to fulfill stretch goals.

Revolution D100 is an okay name, but I'm going to start calling it "R100" any minute now. 

*Ignore this concern if you somehow manage a Jorune R100 book as a stretch goal.  Or a Star Trek book.  Or a Planet of Adventure (by Jack Vance) book.  Or anything else that strikes me as worth a 6-12 month delay.  :) 

Edited by ORtrail
  • Like 1

I am surprised you didn't take this step before. So much going back and forth among MRQ1, BRP and RQ6, it seemed natural that you would come up with your own system, in order to not depend on licenses.

I am very happy with BRP and MRQ2/RQ6 and in theory I don't need another 1d100 system, but on the other hand, your ad sounds very interesting. I like specially this part:

The core is way lighter than Legend, almost as simple as OpenQuest (maybe actually simpler, in fact). And the advanced combat is crunchier than Legend. So no, it is not Legend-lite.

UNQUOTE

I have a request, please make your system be entirely compatible with BRP and RQ6. Fans of 1d100 mix and match systems and supplements freely.

Kind regards

Grając zaś w grę komputerową, być może zdarzyło się wam zapragnąć zejść z wyznaczonej przez autorów ścieżki i, miast zabić smoka i ożenić się z księżniczką, zabić księżniczkę i ożenić się ze smokiem.

I have a request, please make your system be entirely compatible with BRP and RQ6. Fans of 1d100 mix and match systems and supplements freely.

As BRP and RQ6 are not entirely compatible, the best we can hope for is something that sits in between, That's good enough for me.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Okay folks, enough celebration. It is now time to plan the crowdfunding and to create the actual game!

Let us all move to the Revolution forum, then. I have opened several threads there. Your feedback is needed, tell us what you want to see in the game and in the crowdfunding!

A roadmap to the game

POLL: Where to discuss the game?

POLL: Revolution or Evolution?

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a great idea. I have not lost hope in finding the perfect universal system using d100. I'd like to submit a request: Make a version that uses imperial measurements. Miles, inches, yards etc...

I don't like to convert and I live where this system is used.

:-)

Bob

This sounds like a great idea. I have not lost hope in finding the perfect universal system using d100. I'd like to submit a request: Make a version that uses imperial measurements. Miles, inches, yards etc...

:-)

Bob

Yeah, give 'em a centimeter and they'll take a kilometer!

• Like 1

I actually forgot that imperial is still used. Down here its only the oldies who remember a time before metric in the early '60s

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I'd recommend using abstract concepts like SIZ and MOV, as BRP does, and then provide tables for conversion to both imperial and metric, as well as a couple of fictional and historical systems from different settings. Morgens and garns, anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_units_of_measurement#Morgen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_units_of_measurement#Garn

So do we all. That's my problem for example with the newest gloranthan material using the outdated local Imperial system :P

Anyway, for a game addressing an international public, it makes definitely sense to use an international language (english) and an international measurement system (metric).

• Like 3

Wind on the Steppes, role playing among the steppe Nomads. The  running campaign and the blog

I'd recommend using abstract concepts like SIZ and MOV

We will do our best to follow this recommendation.

Asking is always legit, but of all the companies that produce D100 rulesets, asking this of the only one based in a country which never used the Imperial system sounds at the very least... hopeless?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's the end of Sept. (at least here in the UK) but so far I've not seen any crowd funding info on this. But perhaps I missed it. Are you still on track?

The system has me interested; I've been looking for some time for a system to base a Napolionics game on. A d100 system just seems to be the most appropriate to my mind.

132/420

I have a request, please make your system be entirely compatible with

BRP

and RQ6.

My interest hinges on that as well. So far I've loved all the Alephtar stuff...

I'm all for options... "Advanced narrative rules that leverage character motivations." Meh... not sure what that is... but as long as it's optional, OK.