Looks like somebody's doing a BRP supplement

Dredj

Oh, there are many similarities.

Similarities, certainly. I was questioning peterb's assertion that:

... Mongoose was able to reproduce large parts of RQ II and III in MRQ...

The RQ Companion is almost thorough copi... - erm, I mean, paraphrased from the RQ3 Gamemaster Book. It appears someone did not realize they could have made a RuneQuest Ships out of it.:rolleyes:

I don't know the (M?)RQ Companion, is it just Ship rules that are 'paraphrased'? I wouldn't call that 'large parts' - so is there anything else?

In any case, I am pleased with the situation as is. I have seen the RQ Slayers PDF and the thought of the trademark being owedy by WotC makes me shiver (RuneQuest D20?).

Um, I must say I'd much have preferred Chaosium to keep RQ. But better Mongoose than Wizards, agreed!

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

The OGL is great. Especially as it allows people to use those parts of the system they like, and exchange the ones they don't with their own houserules. Having something similar for BRP would be great, but isn't going to happen. I'm curious to see the BRP license contract though (if I get a respons from Chaosium that is!) ;)

SGL.

I agree with Trif. Getting Chaosium to "respond to stimulus" is like getting a senator to respond to a query during a non-election year.

Sheesh. Looks like MRQ for me :(

-STS

Sheesh. Looks like MRQ for me :(

No compromise! Using a system you know to be inferior would take the edge off your enthusiasm for whatever you do, and risk failure. And maybe your conscience would prick you into converting later anyway. It'd be that way for me...

So stick with the best. I heartily recommend you persevere with BRP.

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

I agree with Trif. Getting Chaosium to "respond to stimulus" is like getting a senator to respond to a query during a non-election year.

I've always found Dustin is pretty good at responding promptly, and he specifically posted to the BRP play test Yahoo group regarding license submissions - BUT he's also remote from the Chaosium offices in California, so I know his email recently has been erratic.

regards,

Nick Middleton

BUT he's also remote from the Chaosium offices in California, so I know his email recently has been erratic.

Dustin's email was affected by the Chaosium domain woes... I got an email from him Wednesday morning saying he'd only had email back for a couple of hours.

I'm not sure what the status of the website is, but I know that they're pretty busy trying to get the site up and running. Responses are going to be a bit slow(er).

I should also clarify that I wasn't intending to start any MRQ vs. BRP sort of discussion...

Especially because there is no need to start them, they happen spontaneously.

As expected, I got a copy of the license terms on the first business day after I asked. I hope Triff has received one too. Point #23 is particularly interesting, and it alone made it worth reading all the legalese.

Even though BRP is not OGL, I think we will see several independent publications in the future. Now, for which day in May exactly is Deluxe Edition 1 scheduled ? :thumb:

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM