The Revolution D100 crowdfunding is live

RosenMcStern

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very important question, particularly because we have just added Combat Effect Cards to the rewards, and someone might want to secure a deck for his or her new players (or kids, as many contributors have children and use to play with them).

To change your pledge level on Ulule, you just have to cancel your previous support and make a new pledge. If you pledged with PayPal, nothing was actually debited yet so you just do it and it is ok. If you pledged with a credit card, once you cancel you will find a "credit" in your Ulule portfolio. You can then either reclaim your "credit" (don't worry, it works smoothly, I did it once and got my money back on my Amex without any problem) and re-pledge from scratch, or use this credit for your new pledge, adding the rest from an avaiable source.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

This is a very important question, particularly because we have just added Combat Effect Cards to the rewards, and someone might want to secure a deck for his or her new players (or kids, as many contributors have children and use to play with them).

To change your pledge level on Ulule, you just have to cancel your previous support and make a new pledge. If you pledged with PayPal, nothing was actually debited yet so you just do it and it is ok. If you pledged with a credit card, once you cancel you will find a "credit" in your Ulule portfolio. You can then either reclaim your "credit" (don't worry, it works smoothly, I did it once and got my money back on my Amex without any problem) and re-pledge from scratch, or use this credit for your new pledge, adding the rest from an avaiable source.

Great! I was about to ask the same question... You know, it would be just too bad not having that deck :D

Smiorgan rpg dad.

Guest Vile Traveller

I just noticed an unfinished sentence on one of the pledge levels:

Believer in the cause. You receive the same rewards as a Firebrand (print and PDF version of Revolution D100 and Merrie England: Robyn Hode, PDF version of all unlocked stretch goals and a 30% discount coupon to purchase the print versions of unlocked stretch goals), and one deck of 54 Special Effect cards to aid your players in 

• 3 weeks later...

I have released version 0.3 of the rules. Some sub-chapters are still missing or incomplete but it should be enough to cut your teeth on, and possibly even to play if you wish.

Check ulule for the link. I will be off the radar for three days, take advantage to read, meditate and discuss :)

• Like 2

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

As I sit here drinking my Friday night beers listening to some rock music, I am musing over these Revolution D100 mechanics while my kids run havoc in the background...Some great ideas coming out here with these rules. Using core structure from MRQ D100 SRD yet streamlining things considerably. This could be one of the most interesting developments in BRP mechanics for many years. Really updates the system and makes it feel fresh again. A lot of thought has gone into these mechanics. I will discuss a bit further once the effects of these beers wear off, but I must say I am happy to have got on board with this project.Very impressive

Edited by Mankcam
  • Like 2

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

7 hours ago, Mankcam said:

As I sit here drinking my Friday night beers listening to some rock music, I am musing over these Revolution D100 mechanics while my kids run havoc in the background...Some great ideas coming out here with these rules. Using core structure from MRQ D100 SRD yet streamlining things considerably. This could be one of the most interesting developments in BRP mechanics for many years. Really updates the system and makes it feel fresh again. A lot of thought has gone into these mechanics. I will discuss a bit further once the effects of these beers wear off, but I must say I am happy to have got on board with this project.Very impressive

I've only had the chance to skim, but I am not feeling any buyer's remorse yet. I really like that rules give advice on converting between other BRP games.

• Like 1

It seems like this system may have solved a dilemma I have been having. I'm a big Runequest fan, but I have been intriqued by the Heroquest approach to Glorantha lately. It's left me holding off running anything in Glorantha as I get stuck on what system to use. 

RD100 seems like a bridge between those two systems. I can run a Glorantha campaign and go full narrative for parts where I want it to be more like Heroquest, but I can also switch the more traditional systems when I want to give it a Runequest feel. 

With the barrier gone, I will now rely on the fact that the RQ 6 Glorantha rules got pushed back to next year as my excuse for not starting my Glorantha campaign. :) Actually I have a Shores of Korantia/Monster Island mash up planned now anyway, which is the real reason Glorantha is waiting.

It is interesting timing that you come up with this system just as Heroquest and BRP/Runequest are forced into close quarters on this forum.