The Last Kingdom

SDLeary

Amazing, a BBC show that appears in the USA first. Two episodes here already. Looks good, I'm not sure how closely it follows the books.

I have think I detected some variation. Does anyone remember when he served as the Galley Slave? I remember that being before meeting Alfred.

SDLeary?

I've enjoyed the 2 episodes so far  and looking forward to the rest.  Not sure how close it is to the books because it's a while since I've read them, but the first episode didn't seem to drift far from what I recall.  It indeed sucks that the US got this first, but thankfully we're all one big global community with VPN connections, so that's all OK then :)

I watched the first two episodes back to back last night.

It's... okay, but at the moment neither Game of Thrones or Vikings have anything to worry about.

Large sections of the first book have been jettisoned, and to me the thing felt rushed. Some scenes were far too dark, and there was a lot of mumbling going on. The battle scene was okay, but there should be better to come. It was reasonably faithful to the book, save for dumping lots of plot, and it'll be interesting to see who they develop the story over the next 6 episodes.

So not bad, but not brilliant. There's time for improvement though.

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png